No Bake German Chocolate Cheesecake has an Oreo cookie base, simple no-bake chocolate cheesecake & topped with an easy german chocolate frosting! It’s the perfect summer dessert that takes just a few minutes to make!
No Bake German Chocolate Cheesecake
I sure love a good no-bake treat. It seems to be my “go-to” mantra when the heat starts settling in.
After so many years living in the dessert, we sure have a whole bunch of no-bake goodies in our recipe box. It was essential when we lived there & just because it doesn’t get that hot here, doesn’t mean that we don’t take advantage of the ease of putting those together for the family to enjoy.
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I had been craving german chocolate cake with all that delicious frosting. But again, I didn’t really want to break out my “go-to” cake pan & bake a cake.
So instead I decided to utilize these adorable glass bowls for this no-bake german chocolate cheesecake.
I have to tell you, I just love them! Why, because they come with lids!! That sure makes for some easy storage when I can just pop the lid on there before tossing in the fridge. I love the convenience of individual desserts. No serving each person- these are grab & go. YAY for that!
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
So while browsing other cheesecake recipes (because when I decide on one recipe I tend to want to look at about 50 others just to make sure I’m using my cream cheese wisely & there isn’t another recipe I might want to make more) I read that apparently people get pretty indignant when you mention no-bake cheesecake. I guess some are pretty passionate about the whole “cheesecake should be traditional” idea. Personally, I like variety. So while I absolutely LOVE a traditional New York style cheesecake & would never turn down a piece, I also love the no-bake variety too. I mean, really- it’s a treat. I’m not too picky when it comes to desserts made with cream cheese. Which is why I was so stoked to see no-bake cheesecake as the focus of this month’s 12 Bloggers challenge & I just had to create this no-bake german chocolate cheesecake to participate. So along with this delectable dish- you need to make sure to check out all the others being shared by my blogging buddies here today. YUM-O!
No Bake German Chocolate Cheesecake
- 3 crushed Oreo cookies per bowl I used 12 total
- 1 8oz package cream cheese- room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sour cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips- melted & cooled to room temperature
German Chocolate Frosting
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Crumble Oreo cookies into bowls & set aside
- In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy & smooth
- Beat in confectioners sugar, sour cream & vanilla & beat well
- Slowly mix in melted (& cooled) chocolate & whip 2-3 minutes
- Spoon mixture over crushed Oreo's & place bowls in refrigerator while you make the frosting
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, evaporated milk & butter in a saucepan & heat over medium until thickened (about 12 minutes) Mixture will come to a rolling boil- keep stirring while cooking until thick
- Once thickened, remove from heat & stir in coconut & pecans
- Allow to cool to room temperature before adding several spoonfuls to the top of each bowl of cheesecake & enjoy!
- (store any remaining frosting in refrigerator for future use)
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Doesn’t that just look so amazing? I could go for some more right now.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more of our favorite no-bake treats?
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
No Bake Apple Pie Stuffed Cheesecake from Around My Family Table
No Bake Coconut Cream Cheesecake from Bread Booze Bacon
Easy No Bake Coffee Cheesecake Recipe from Home Cooking Memories
Mini No Bake Key Lime Pie Cheesecakes from Big Bear’s Wife
No Bake Cannoli Cheesecake from Cooking on the Front Burner
No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Mini Dulce de Leche No Bake Cheesecakes from Thyme For Cocktails
No Bake Nutella Cheesecake from A Night Owl
Mini No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes from Pink Cake Plate
No Bake Hawaiian Cheesecake from Liz on Call
No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Jars from See Vanessa Craft
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE