From the looks of things around here I have been on quite an oat kick lately. That’s okay. Oats are so versatile. You can make them super healthy or really go all out with them & make an amazing treat. I have mentioned before that I like to keep everything in moderation. That means that just because I’m sharing healthier recipes with you to kick off the new year – I’m not abandoning my favorite goodies. I’m just keeping them more for the weekends now. One of my favorite little things to make are these Kit Kat Oat Bars. No bake- whip together in minutes – well that has my name all over it.
These literally come together in just moments. I love that they are no bake – because it takes that big ol’ oven a while to heat up. So if I’m baking I try to make it worth my while & do a few things at a time when it’s on. But I don’t always have the time for that & that’s where these come in.
The hubs can mention that he’d like a treat while we are having dinner. I can whip these up before I do the after-dinner clean up & pop them in the freezer (instead of the fridge- to chill faster) while I wash dishes. They are set & ready to enjoy by the time I’m ready to relax.
Kit Kat Oat Bars
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 cups quick-cook oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Kit-Kat candy – chopped
- Line a 9×9 glass baking dish with parchment & set aside
- In a medium size saucepan- melt butter over medium
- Add brown sugar & vanilla – stir until combined & brown sugar starts to melt
- Add oats – stir to incorporate.
- Cook on low 2-4 minutes
- Remove from heat & transfer to prepared dish – pressing down into an even layer
- Top with chopped Kit-Kat & press in slightly
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to set
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container
Want more easy no-bake recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE