So I have this thing for bread. I love it! I can’t get enough, especially when it comes to specialty breads. I love the little loaves they bring in the nice warm basket when we dine out at the steakhouse. I literally ration out what I have to when the family starts wanting some- but for the most part, I don’t like to share. Since it’s been a while since we have been able to dine out like that- I decided I would just make my own. I really love the smell of the dough rising, I love kneading it & then there is the smell of it baking. Oh my- my stomach is growling as I’m writing this. So – you get it, I like bread- a lot. I don’t need to say it anymore. At least for now.
Honey Pumpkin Spice Black Bread
- 1-1/2 c warm water
- 2 tbsp butter - softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or bread flour if you have it
- 1-2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 pkt Starbucks Pumpkin Spice instant coffee
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp instant yeast - I like Red Star Platinum or 3 tsp quick rise yeast - proofed
- Oats to sprinkle
- In mixer bowl- combine all ingredients.
- Stir together until dough begins to pull away from sides of bowl.
- Knead dough - I found by hand is easier - about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Place in lightly oiled bowl - turning to coat all sides. Cover & allow to rise until doubled in size- about 60 minutes
- Divide your dough into 6-8 pieces. Shape into desired loaves or ball shapes
- Dough will be fairly soft & sticky- use some flour on hands & work surface.
- Like baking sheet with parchment & lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Place loaves on prepared sheet & cover. Allow to rise another hour until lightly puffy. Not doubled in size
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees 20-30 minutes- until darker brown. Will sound hollow when tapped.
- Cool on wire rack or serve warm with butter.
Enjoy!!! These are great as a side to just about anything.
Or if you are like me- all by themselves is great too.
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE