Hello all my wonderful friends!!! I mentioned yesterday that with a little planning, learning to decline certain things to keep the calendar more open & sticking to a plan- we are nearing the end of our chaos this time of year. I love saying that & it feels so good. So since my focus this season has been a less is more sort of approach the last thing I want to do is fill that time up with other stuff. I worked so hard to make sure we have more family time available – I don’t want it filled with all sorts of other stuff. So fast, simple recipes are my main goal this year. So I came up with these Holiday Coco Clusters that prep in just 10 minutes + chill time. 100% delicious & definitely smile makers.
So here’s the back story on these. For years my mother-in-law would make other varieties of these little chocolaty bites. When we would visit – I would be the one that never left the buffet table. I would get there, set down gifts, say my hellos & then quickly find my way to the spread that spanned the bar area. My mother-in-law was the queen of little snacky type goodies. If I learned anything from her – it was to take what you know you already like & just keep playing & twisting it to come up with even better versions. That’s how these came about. While we still love & make the original version – these are pretty amazing too.
I love that these store well – which means you can give them as gifts.
Homemade goodies make the best gifts!
Holiday Coco Clusters
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1-1/4 cup coco puffs cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
- Holiday sprinkles - opt
- Measure out your cereal, coconut & marshmallows & set aside.
- Combine white chocolate chips & shortening in glass bowl
- Heat over double boiler, stirring frequently until melted
- Pour over your dry mix - stir to coat evenly
- Scoop tablespoon size drops out & place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle holiday sprinkles on top
- Refrigerate to firm up at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
So- do you want more delicious holiday treats?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE