I have been talking a lot about quick & easy desserts here lately. Rather quick & easy recipes in general. I really think that sometimes it doesn’t matter the time it takes but rather the presentation that really brings smiles. Take these Peppermint Pudding Cups for example. I was able to make 3 of these in just a couple minutes & the kids ooohhhed & aaahhhed over them just like they do over the super elaborate desserts I create. These would be a fabulous little dessert for a large gathering. Easy, quick & inexpensive too. All of these things make it a WIN in my book. Let me show you what I did to spruce it up & make it extra special.
Adding a little peppermint extract to each flavor of pudding gives it great peppermint flavor – perfect for the holidays.
Like I said before – it’s all about the presentation. If I had just slopped the pudding in a plastic bowl & handed it to them it would have made zero impact. It would have been a completely forgettable dessert. Instead – layering it in the glass & topping it with additional peppermint goodness makes all the difference. Which is why something as simple as instant pudding can turn FABULOUS in a few minutes with a little added love.
Peppermint Pudding Cups
- 1 3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1.34 oz vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- peppermint baking chips
- Hershey's candy cane candy bar
- whipped cream
- Add instant chocolate pudding, 1/2 tsp peppermint extract & 2 cups cold milk to a medium sized bowl & whisk well until all combined. Set aside to thicken.
- Repeat the same process with the vanilla pudding, remaining 1/2 tsp peppermint extract & remaining 2 cups cold milk in another bowl.
- Once pudding has thickened (about 5 minutes) start layering your cups
- Small layer of chocolate, vanilla & finished with chocolate - you can also alternate in the cups if you like to have some mostly vanilla & others mostly chocolate.
- Top with peppermint baking chips, a little whipped cream & more peppermint baking chips
- Add one piece of the candy cane candy bar for added fun
- Serve immediately or you can chill in refrigerator for several hours prior to adding whipped cream if needed
Want more easy dessert ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE