I have been talking a lot about quick & easy desserts here lately. Rather quick & easy recipes in general. I really think that sometimes it doesn’t matter the time it takes but rather the presentation that really brings smiles. Take these Peppermint Pudding Cups for example. I was able to make 3 of these in just a couple minutes & the kids ooohhhed & aaahhhed over them just like they do over the super elaborate desserts I create. These would be a fabulous little dessert for a large gathering. Easy, quick & inexpensive too. All of these things make it a WIN in my book. Let me show you what I did to spruce it up & make it extra special.
Adding a little peppermint extract to each flavor of pudding gives it great peppermint flavor – perfect for the holidays.
Like I said before – it’s all about the presentation. If I had just slopped the pudding in a plastic bowl & handed it to them it would have made zero impact. It would have been a completely forgettable dessert. Instead – layering it in the glass & topping it with additional peppermint goodness makes all the difference. Which is why something as simple as instant pudding can turn FABULOUS in a few minutes with a little added love.
Peppermint Pudding Cups
- 1 3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1.34 oz vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- peppermint baking chips
- Hershey's candy cane candy bar
- whipped cream
- Add instant chocolate pudding, 1/2 tsp peppermint extract & 2 cups cold milk to a medium sized bowl & whisk well until all combined. Set aside to thicken.
- Repeat the same process with the vanilla pudding, remaining 1/2 tsp peppermint extract & remaining 2 cups cold milk in another bowl.
- Once pudding has thickened (about 5 minutes) start layering your cups
- Small layer of chocolate, vanilla & finished with chocolate - you can also alternate in the cups if you like to have some mostly vanilla & others mostly chocolate.
- Top with peppermint baking chips, a little whipped cream & more peppermint baking chips
- Add one piece of the candy cane candy bar for added fun
- Serve immediately or you can chill in refrigerator for several hours prior to adding whipped cream if needed
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more easy dessert ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
Share Your Thoughts