Hello my friends!!!! I know it’s spring. I know we are nearing the end of comfort food season & I still have a pile of warm & hearty goodness to share with you all. Too many recipes- not enough days. But you all know how much I love a good soup recipe – especially if it involves the crock pot. I love coming up with Easy Family Dinner Ideas & hearty soups top my list. You know that if I can toss it in the slow cooker & it’s doing it’s thing while I work away – it’s a keeper in my book. So even though comfort foods are nearly out of season – easy recipes are not. So I had to share this one with you here.
This recipe came about because I was craving broccoli cheddar soup. However my family likes a good filling dish. If it’s not filling then I have to have something additional on the side like a sandwich. So I decided to add a little ground sausage to the soup during the last 30 minutes of cooking. It was a great decision. My family loved the change & they ate the whole pot.
Hearty Broccoli Cheddar Soup : Easy Family Dinner Ideas
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 8 oz bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp minced onions
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 oz evaporated milk
- Add all ingredients except sausage, cheese & evaporated milk to crock pot.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours
- About 35-40 minutes before you are ready to serve, use an immersion blender to break up your broccoli to your desired size
- Brown your sausage & add to the soup
- Stir in cheese & evaporated milk
- Turn your crock pot up to high & cook an additional 30 minutes
Looking for more Easy Family Dinner Ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE