So what do you do after the kids go to sleep on Christmas Eve? I have mentioned before that I am usually in our room (& have been all night) wrapping gifts until the kids wake the next morning. Not this year. I finally started ahead of schedule & didn’t wait to wrap. So this year I plan on taking Christmas Eve to sit & relax with the hubs a little. Maybe we will make a couple of these Gingerbread White Russian cocktails to have before bed. It’s the perfect little Christmas drink with all that wonderful gingerbread flavor. Add some of those cookies we will leave out. Much better than a glass of milk to go with cookies. Perfection I tell you.
Really – I’m so looking forward to setting out the gifts & stockings, curling up on the couch with the hubs & enjoying this with some Christmas sugar cookies. It’s the perfect holiday flavors all in one night.
Gingerbread White Russian
- **2- servings
- 4 ounces whole milk
- 4 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces homemade Kahlua
- 3 tsp molasses
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- cinnamon/sugar mixture for rimming the glasses
- ice ball
- Pour a little cinnamon/sugar mixture on shallow plate
- Wet rim of glasses & dip rim in cinnamon & sugar.
- Add ice ball to glasses -or fill with ice
- In an ice filled cocktail shaker - combine milk, vodka & Kahlua & shake
- Add molasses & ginger - shake again
- Strain into prepared glasses
Want more great holiday beverages?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE