I’m on such a huge chocolate & peppermint kick right now. I can’t seem to get enough of that wonderful combo. The family sure isn’t complaining. The hubs waits all year for all the peppermint stuff to come on back. So when I start making all sorts of goodies with chocolate & peppermint- he’s one happy guy. So I just couldn’t wait to share this Candy Cane Oreo Pie with you all. I originally shared this over at Jen’s place about a week ago but just had to share it here with you all too. It’s rich & decadent & INCREDIBLY EASY to make. Isn’t that the best part??
It really is so simple & makes a huge impact. Chocolate, oreos & a hint of peppermint. I was so thrilled to find these holiday Oreo’s – Candy Cane mini’s. I don’t think I have ever found an Oreo flavor I didn’t fall in love with. It’s the one store bought treat (aside from candies) that we buy in bulk. So good.
The white chocolate drizzle on top is completely optional. You could add whipped cream instead. I decided on the white chocolate because I wasn’t sure how quickly we would get to enjoy this pie. It’s great when you need to make ahead & stores well in the freezer for a couple days. If you want whipped cream instead of chocolate drizzle – it’s best to add it right at serving time.
That’s it & look how pretty too!
Candy Cane Oreo Pie
- 27-30 Regular or double stuffed Oreos regular size
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick - melted
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Candy Cane Mini Oreos for topping
- 1/4 cup white chocolate candy melts
- Place regular size Oreos in food processor & grind to crumbs
- Transfer to medium bowl & add melted butter - mix with a fork until all crumbs are moist
- Transfer to pie plate & press flat & up sides to make crust
- Place crust in freezer until ready to use
- Place chocolate chips, sugar, eggs, peppermint extract & salt in blender- set aside
- In small saucepan heat heavy cream to a simmer- do not boil
- Pour over ingredients in blender & blend on high for 30-60 seconds
- Pour into prepared Oreo pie crust from freezer
- Top with Candy Cane Mini Oreos
- Melt white chocolate candy melts by placing in a small squeeze bottle & setting in hot water until melted
- Once melted - squeeze over pie in desired pattern
- Place pie in refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours to firm (I like to leave mine overnight or freeze for 2-3 hours)
Want more chocolate & peppermint?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE