I’m on such a huge chocolate & peppermint kick right now. I can’t seem to get enough of that wonderful combo. The family sure isn’t complaining. The hubs waits all year for all the peppermint stuff to come on back. So when I start making all sorts of goodies with chocolate & peppermint- he’s one happy guy. So I just couldn’t wait to share this Candy Cane Oreo Pie with you all. I originally shared this over at Jen’s place about a week ago but just had to share it here with you all too. It’s rich & decadent & INCREDIBLY EASY to make. Isn’t that the best part??
It really is so simple & makes a huge impact. Chocolate, oreos & a hint of peppermint. I was so thrilled to find these holiday Oreo’s – Candy Cane mini’s. I don’t think I have ever found an Oreo flavor I didn’t fall in love with. It’s the one store bought treat (aside from candies) that we buy in bulk. So good.
The white chocolate drizzle on top is completely optional. You could add whipped cream instead. I decided on the white chocolate because I wasn’t sure how quickly we would get to enjoy this pie. It’s great when you need to make ahead & stores well in the freezer for a couple days. If you want whipped cream instead of chocolate drizzle – it’s best to add it right at serving time.
That’s it & look how pretty too!
Candy Cane Oreo Pie
- 27-30 Regular or double stuffed Oreo cookies regular size - not the mini ones
- ½ cup butter 1 stick - melted
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup Candy Cane Mini Oreos for topping
- ¼ cup white chocolate candy melts
- Place the regular size Oreo cookies in the food processor & grind them into crumbs.
- Transfer to a medium bowl & add the melted butter. Mix with a fork until all crumbs are moist.
- Transfer the moistened crumbs to a pie plate & press flat & up the sides to make the crust.
- Place the crust in the freezer until ready to fill.
- Place the chocolate chips, sugar, eggs, peppermint extract & salt in a blender- set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat the heavy cream to a simmer- do not boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the ingredients in the blender & then blend on high for 30-60 seconds.
- Pour into the prepared Oreo pie crust from the freezer.
- Top with Candy Cane Mini Oreos.
- Melt the white chocolate candy melts by placing in a small squeeze bottle &placing it in a bowl of hot water until the chocolate is melted.
- Once melted - squeeze over the pie in any desired pattern.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours to set. (I like to leave mine overnight or freeze for 2-3 hours)
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more chocolate & peppermint?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE