As we are coming to the end of the fresh produce season here, I am spending lots of time visiting the farm down the road picking up apples 40 pounds at a time. I’m canning as many jars of applesauce, apple pie filling & apple butter as I can to see just how long it will take me through the cold months here. At the same time I am using some of those things in my baking for the kids & their breakfast. This time I decided to use some of that apple pie filling & make them a frosted breakfast cake. Rarely do I add the frosting for them but this one just seemed like the right recipe to do just that.
This has the perfect blend of cinnamon & apple. You know my son & his obsession with all things cinnamon was loving this.
Frosted Apple Pie Breakfast Cake
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter -softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup homemade cinnamon brown sugar applesauce
- 2 cups apple pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray - set aside
- Beat butter & sugars together until creamy. Add eggs & vanilla- beat.
- Add in baking soda, flour - slowly beat into mixture
- Stir in applesauce & apple pie filling until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick test is clean.
- Cool 20 minutes on wire rack in pan.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients in small bowl & pour over cake.
- Allow glaze to harden before serving.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Microwave 30 seconds before serving.
It’s a great fall recipe that your family will love to have in those cool crisp mornings.
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE