Remember last week when I shared with you my Caramel Gingerbread Ice Cream Cake? Well I used my favorite recipe for Chocolate Gingerbread cookies to make that. I wanted to share that recipe with you all here today because I love you guys & I know you will really LOVE these cookie bars. Plus- you won’t believe just how simple they are. You know how I love simple- right?!
These are the perfect combination of chocolate & gingerbread. Neither flavor overpowers the other.
Soft & chewy- oh so yummy??
Come on over & share a couple with me over coffee?? There are plenty for all. 🙂
Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- 2-1/2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 sticks salted butter 3/4 cup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tbsp chocolate jimmies
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk depending on how thick or thin you want it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Whisk flour, cocoa, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda & baking powder in bowl.
- In mixer- beat butter & brown sugar with paddle attachment until well combined & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs & molasses.
- Reduce speed to low & add dry mixture
- Beat until well combined & pulled away from sides of bowl
- Gather & press flat onto cookie sheet- making a smooth layer. (you will have one large cookie rectangle)
- Score cut marks into the dough with a butter knife.
- Sprinkle with chocolate jimmies
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes
- Remove & allow to cool in pan on wire rack.
- Whisk glaze ingredients in small bowl & pipe on with pasty bag & small fine tip.
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE