I love applesauce. Do you love applesauce? I always come across these recipes that call for it but because I never want to open a huge fresh jar of it for just a 1/2 cup or so- I end up not making the recipe at all. Sooooo- I was thrilled when we ended up with a large amount of apples & I could make my own applesauce. I decided to use the crock pot method because it’s just so simple. I also decided to store some of it in small jars for recipe use – single serve type. Then I picked up some larger jars that I used for the rest – which can be for the kids with breakfast or lunch. Problem solved & now I can make all the applesauce recipes I want 🙂 Definitely one of my best slow cooker recipes too.
I used tags from this Fall Thyme Party Set in these images.
Look how cute they are. You will be seeing these here through the rest of fall.
I love these!!!!! Look how cute they are when printed out.
Kristy has some FREE Printablge Goodies for you all- Visit Life n’ Reflection to grab yours.
Want to make your own SUPER SIMPLE applesauce?
Crock Pot Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Applesauce
- 14 large apples I used a Jo Mac - locally grown
- 1/3 c Lemon Juice
- 1 c Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cinnamon
- Peel, core & cut your apples into large chunks
- Place prepared apples & all other ingredients in crock pot on high.
- Cover & cook about 6 hours- stirring every hour or so.
- After about 5 hours of cooking - Spoon out remaining large pieces into a blender & blend until smooth. (or use emulsion blender)
- Pour blended apples back in crock pot, stir well & let cook the last 30-60 minutes.
- When done- transfer to prepared jars.
- I store mine in the freezer until the day before I need it. Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
This is a deeper flavor than traditional applesauce but oh so good.
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE