Remember back in April when I attended the SNAP! Conference? Well – the first night of the conference they fed us this INCREDIBLE chicken smothered with this sauce. It was so good. It was all I could do to not ask for another plate of it…..or 4 or 5 more plates. I could have eaten it until I was sick. It was amazing. So literally ever since then I have been craving it. Clearly I didn’t get enough. So I started experimenting in the kitchen with different sauces for my chicken. I came up with this French Onion Cheese Sauce that is really quite tasty. It isn’t quite like the one I mentioned before- I’m still working on recreating that one. But this was still tasty & share worthy. Looking for Easy Family Dinner Ideas? Top it on your chicken, add it to some noodles- whatever. It’s YUM-O!
We just grilled some boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the BBQ with just seasonings.
Then added the sauce just as we plated it.
Add a little additional parsley to the top to make it look pretty!
Makes for a scrumptious dinner with a side of baby spinach.
French Onion Cheese Sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup French Onion Recipe Mix
- 3/4 tsp teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- sprinkle of parsley
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat
- Once melted- whisk in flour to make a roux - cook 1-2 minutes
- Slowly add milk & water - whisking briskly to fully incorporate & keep milk from scalding
- Keep whisking 5-8 minutes to thicken sauce
- Remove from heat, add french onion mix, teriyaki, cheese & parsley - whisk in well
- Serve warm
- Ladle over your grilled chicken
- garnish with additional parsley after plating.
Want more dinner ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE