Thick and chewy Fall M&M Cookies are a soft & buttery cookie packed full of white & milk chocolate morsels & fall M&M’s. The perfect homemade cookies.
Fall M&M Cookies
I really love a good chocolate chip cookie. A few months ago I was determined to spend as many weekends as I had to making cookies to find the perfect recipe. I was lucky enough that only a couple weekends into the mission I did actually create what our family considers the perfect chocolate chip cookie. A little crisp on the outside, soft & chewy on the inside. These are buttery without being too thin & the chocolate on the inside of the M&M’s gets all melty & soft. Oh my goodness, it’s just the PERFECT COOKIE!
This has been a mission of mine for a long while. Especially since when I met my hubs 20 years ago, cookies were the only thing I could make from scratch. Even though my mom was a professional cake decorator, I really relied on cake & brownie mix for most things. Cookies in my book had to be made from scratch- always. So of course that was what I knew how to make. Everyone raved over these cookies I had been making since high school. But honestly- with as good as they tasted, they were not so photogenic. In fact, they were just the opposite of that. Flat, lacking any visual interest like M&M’s & unappealing. You would never guess that they actually tasted good. You had to take a leap of faith with those. So since photos are everything these days I had to work at it & make them look just like they taste.
Best Fall Cookies
The kicker is the ratio of margarine to butter. With margarine only you get a cake like cookie. Just butter & you get a very thin & sad little cookie. While those are both great in their own right- I had to come up with a balance that pleased everyone. With the first bite I knew these were THE perfect cookie. It was sweet satisfaction knowing that I could give these as a gift & everyone would enjoy how they look & especially how they taste. YUM-O!
M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick 1/2 cup butter - room temperature
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg- room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour scooped lightly - not spooned into your measuring cup
- 1 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding - not cook & serve
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Fall M&M's - divided
- In mixer bowl - beat butter, margarine, sugar & brown sugar together until fluffy
- Add egg & vanilla - beat well
- Add in flour, pudding mix, baking soda & salt - slowly stir first & then beat until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Slowly stir in chocolate chips
- Fold in 1/2 the M&M's
- Remove beater, cover & refrigerate overnight
- The next day preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll dough into balls - it will be firm
- Place dough balls on baking sheet & bake cookies for 9-12 minutes (mine were perfect at 11)
- Remove & immediately top each cookie with a few white chocolate chips & M&M's before they cool.
- Leave cookies on baking sheet to cool
- Start with a cold cookie sheet with each batch to ensure that the cookies bake consistently.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Wouldn’t these be great at your Thanksgiving festivities?
Looking for more great holiday cookie recipes?