This Easy Candy Recipe is perfect for party favors.
The kids are loving it & asking when I will make more.
Fortunately I can do that as often as I like because it took hardly any time at all.
Easy Candy Recipe
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup white corn syrup
- 3 drops food color of desired color
- 1 tsp candy flavoring of your choice
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Coat baking sheet or jelly roll pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine water, granulated sugar & corn syrup in 2qt saucepan.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Continue to boil until you reach 300 degrees- hard crack temp.
- Remove from heat & quickly add in your food coloring & candy flavor. Stir.
- Immediately pour into your prepared pan. Sprinkle with any decorations desired at this time.
- Cool in refrigerator 30-60 minutes to harden.
- Remove from refrigerator & press a fork into the candy to crack into pieces. (some of the thicker parts may need a little tap with a hammer)
- Transfer to a bowl & add confectioners sugar. Toss to coat (this keeps it from sticking to itself)
- Store in an airtight container.
You have to give this a try. I think I will be seeking out a whole variety of candy flavors now.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE