This Easy Candy Recipe is perfect for party favors.
The kids are loving it & asking when I will make more.
Fortunately I can do that as often as I like because it took hardly any time at all.
Easy Candy Recipe
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup white corn syrup
- 3 drops food color of desired color
- 1 tsp candy flavoring of your choice
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Coat baking sheet or jelly roll pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine water, granulated sugar & corn syrup in 2qt saucepan.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Continue to boil until you reach 300 degrees- hard crack temp.
- Remove from heat & quickly add in your food coloring & candy flavor. Stir.
- Immediately pour into your prepared pan. Sprinkle with any decorations desired at this time.
- Cool in refrigerator 30-60 minutes to harden.
- Remove from refrigerator & press a fork into the candy to crack into pieces. (some of the thicker parts may need a little tap with a hammer)
- Transfer to a bowl & add confectioners sugar. Toss to coat (this keeps it from sticking to itself)
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
You have to give this a try. I think I will be seeking out a whole variety of candy flavors now.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE