Have you recovered from yesterday? I certainly hope you had a blessed & beautiful Thanksgiving Day!
I thought I would stay low key here through the whole holiday weekend. I’m sticking with simple & easy recipes & projects to make your life easier. I knew I would need something to snack on over coffee while the hubs is home with me for these 4 days. I decided to try making some biscotti – but since I am really loving all this dark chocolate I picked up at a recent run to the market- I added some on in there & made a tasty treat.
Dark Chocolate Almond Biscotti
Perfect blend of chocolate & almond.
Dark Chocolate Almond Biscotti
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cup - 2 cups all-purpose flour depending on firmness of the batter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips - divided
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment- set aside
- In mixer - combine oil & sugar. Beat until combined.
- Add in vanilla & almond extracts & eggs. Mix well.
- Add in flour, salt & baking powder - mix. Start with the lesser amount of flour & add more if the batter doesn't seem firm enough to hold shape
- Fold in 1/4 cup slivered almonds & 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half & transfer to prepared baking sheet & form 2 logs.
- Wet your hands- batter is sticky - use hands to form the logs to desired size.
- Top with remaining almonds & chocolate chips.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until very light brown. Remove.
- Set aside to cool 10 minutes. Reduce heat on oven to 275 degrees.
- After cooled 10 minutes- slice to desired sized pieces (about 3/4 inch)
- Lay on sides & bake additional 9-11 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet before transferring to airtight container.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Looking for more morning coffee snacks?
Frosted Apple Pie Breakfast Cake
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
Lisa@ Cooking with Curls says
I love the combination of dark chocolate and almonds…so delicious! I have never tried to make biscotti before, I guess it’s about time 😉 Thanks so much for the recipe!
Eva Felis (@1bigbite) says
first timer on your blog and already in love with this biscotti recipe.
Thanks for sharing!
Shannah @ Just Us Four says
Yummy! This would be the perfect complement to my daily latte. Thanks for sharing at the Pinworthy Projects Party this week.
Laurel l. says
Best biscotti ever! Thank you!
I was a little unsure as to how wet the dough should be though it worked. But I know next batch I will add more flour. It would help if you could show a photo for consistency.