Have you recovered from yesterday? I certainly hope you had a blessed & beautiful Thanksgiving Day!
I thought I would stay low key here through the whole holiday weekend. I’m sticking with simple & easy recipes & projects to make your life easier. I knew I would need something to snack on over coffee while the hubs is home with me for these 4 days. I decided to try making some biscotti – but since I am really loving all this dark chocolate I picked up at a recent run to the market- I added some on in there & made a tasty treat.
Perfect blend of chocolate & almond.
Dark Chocolate Almond Biscotti
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cup - 2 cups all-purpose flour depending on firmness of the batter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips - divided
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment- set aside
- In mixer - combine oil & sugar. Beat until combined.
- Add in vanilla & almond extracts & eggs. Mix well.
- Add in flour, salt & baking powder - mix. Start with the lesser amount of flour & add more if the batter doesn't seem firm enough to hold shape
- Fold in 1/4 cup slivered almonds & 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half & transfer to prepared baking sheet & form 2 logs.
- Wet your hands- batter is sticky - use hands to form the logs to desired size.
- Top with remaining almonds & chocolate chips.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until very light brown. Remove.
- Set aside to cool 10 minutes. Reduce heat on oven to 275 degrees.
- After cooled 10 minutes- slice to desired sized pieces (about 3/4 inch)
- Lay on sides & bake additional 9-11 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet before transferring to airtight container.
Looking for more morning coffee snacks?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE