I can’t believe I have yet to share these with you. Have you ever had Cream Cheese Mints? They are awfully good & just melt in your mouth. I decided that since it’s clicking down to Valentine’s Day I would make these in the shapes of hearts & kisses. So cute & perfect for a little Valentine’s Day party or a special little gift for your sweetheart. I know my hubs sure loves wintergreen. So whenever I can make treats with that flavor he’s sure happy.
You can shape them however you like with any piping tip that is your favorite. Normally I would use a star tip on my piping bag – but I thought making them in the shape of hearts & “kisses” would be cute.
Hearts & Kisses Cream Cheese Mints
- 3 oz cream cheese- room temperature
- 1 tbsp butter – softened
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- ¼ tsp Creme de Menthe candy flavoring
- 1-2 drops food color
- Lay out a large piece of parchment paper on the counter & tack it down to hold it in place.
- Fit your pastry bag with a large round tip – set aside
- In mixer bowl add cream cheese & butter- beat well until smooth.
- Add in confectioners sugar – one cup at a time, beating in-between cups.
- Your peaks should be stiff & not melt down when you stop beating.
- Add in your food color & extract & beat well.
- Transfer mixture to your piping bag & start piping onto your parchment in heart & kiss shapes.
- Transfer parchment to baking sheet or large cutting board to make it easier to transport.
- Place in refrigerator to firm up several hours before removing from parchment.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer for up to 4 months.
Looking for more great Valentine’s Day inspiration?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE