Coffee Peanut Butter Bars are a twist on the classic holiday peanut butter bar recipe. Adding a kick of coffee takes these to a whole new level of tasty!
When you make holiday recipes, do you stick to the classics? Or maybe you like to try new things. I have my tried & true recipes that have been passed down through the generations that we make all the time. Ironically, I don’t actually have many of them posted here on the site. I plan to work on fixing that, I promise. But we go back & forth in this house because the family has favorites & then I’m always focused on creating new ideas to share here. We had to come to an agreement so we can all be happy. I decided that I would take those classic recipes we all love so much & then twist them to make them new & exciting again. Just like I did here with these peanut butter bars.
Coffee Peanut Butter Bars
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
This month’s mystery ingredient for peanut butter bash is coffee. Mixing coffee & peanut butter wasn’t as hard as it sounds. I had been wanting to share our family’s peanut butter bar recipe here this year & I thought it would be perfect to add that coffee twist for depth. I grabbed my favorite coffee & peanut butter & got to work. It was a great choice & the whole family loved it. Definitely the perfect update to a holiday classic.
I used this 9×9 pan– it’s my “go-to” for all my bar recipes.
Coffee Peanut Butter Bars
- 2 cups graham cracker (2 sleeves), crumbled
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp finely ground coffee
- Line 9x9 baking pan with foil & spray with cooking spray - set aside
- Place graham crackers in food processor & grind until crumbly
- Transfer to mixing bowl & add melted butter, confectioners sugar & peanut butter- mix until well blended
- Press into a flat layer in the bottom of prepared pan
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl & heat on full power in 30-second increments until fully melted - stirring in between each time.
- Pour over peanut butter layer & smooth out
- Chill in refrigerator at least 1 hour or overnight before serving.
These really are absolutely incredible! I can’t wait to make more.
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more yummy bar recipes?
Mocha No Bake Cookies from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Espresso Brownies with Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce from Simply Made Recipes
Peanut Butter and Coffee Granola from Bake Then Eat
Peanut Butter Mocha Squares from The Queen of Delicious
Hazelnut, Peanut Butter & Coffee Protein Shake from The First-Taste
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE