Making homemade donuts like these Cinnamon & Sugar Donuts with Pumpkin Spice Glaze is so easy. What a perfect treat with your coffee on a cool fall morning.
Cinnamon & Sugar Donuts
I love a good donut! I have often talked here about how much I love to start my weekends with a delicious donut to go with my morning coffee. But really, it’s so hard to get the hubs to run out to the donut shop to pick up some. I certainly don’t want to have to get completely ready & head out for them before I have even had my coffee. At that point it’s just too late. So the easier route is to make my own. Sometimes I whip up some batter & make some great cake donuts in my donut maker. Those are sure yummy. But this time I decided to make a regular fried donut coated in cinnamon & sugar. So scrumptious right? Yes – but then I decided to also make a little pumpkin pie spice glaze to drizzle & dip too. Oh my goodness you guys! So good!
Honestly – I found it hard to share. I made these, snapped these pics & immediately took them out to the garage to share with the hubs who had just returned from a ride on the hog. We ate this whole cake plate full – right then & there. No kidding & although I probably should be ashamed that I ate all those- I’m totally not. They were so good & I enjoyed every single bite. The glaze just put them over the top for my “holy-wow” meter! YUM!
Cinnamon & Sugar Donuts (w/ Pumpkin Spice Glaze)
- 1 roll refrigerator biscuits
- Peanut oil for frying
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee creamer
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Fill a heavy pot with just enough peanut oil to cover the bottom about 3/4 inch deep
- Heat over medium (you will know it's hot enough if you add a drop of water & it's pops) CAREFULLY
- In a small bowl combine cinnamon & sugar - set aside
- Working in small batches of 2-3 donuts at a time, place uncooked refrigerator biscuits in hot oil & fry 30-60 seconds
- Flip & fry an additional 30-60 seconds
- Remove & immediately toss in the bowl of cinnamon & sugar to coat (it will stick if they are hot)
- Place on wire rack to cool
- Repeat with remaining biscuits
- Now for the GLAZE-
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a small pan & heat over low until fully combined
- Drizzle over prepared donuts - Enjoy!
You have to make these! Such a delicious way to start your weekend!
Looking for more great breakfast ideas?