Making homemade donuts like these Cinnamon & Sugar Donuts with Pumpkin Spice Glaze is so easy. What a perfect treat with your coffee on a cool fall morning.
Cinnamon & Sugar Donuts
I love a good donut! I have often talked here about how much I love to start my weekends with a delicious donut to go with my morning coffee. But really, it’s so hard to get the hubs to run out to the donut shop to pick up some. I certainly don’t want to have to get completely ready & head out for them before I have even had my coffee. At that point it’s just too late. So the easier route is to make my own. Sometimes I whip up some batter & make some great cake donuts in my donut maker. Those are sure yummy. But this time I decided to make a regular fried donut coated in cinnamon & sugar. So scrumptious right? Yes – but then I decided to also make a little pumpkin pie spice glaze to drizzle & dip too. Oh my goodness you guys! So good!
Honestly – I found it hard to share. I made these, snapped these pics & immediately took them out to the garage to share with the hubs who had just returned from a ride on the hog. We ate this whole cake plate full – right then & there. No kidding & although I probably should be ashamed that I ate all those- I’m totally not. They were so good & I enjoyed every single bite. The glaze just put them over the top for my “holy-wow” meter! YUM!
Cinnamon & Sugar Donuts (w/ Pumpkin Spice Glaze)
- 1 roll refrigerator biscuits
- Peanut oil for frying
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee creamer
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Fill a heavy pot with just enough peanut oil to cover the bottom about 3/4 inch deep
- Heat over medium (you will know it's hot enough if you add a drop of water & it's pops) CAREFULLY
- In a small bowl combine cinnamon & sugar - set aside
- Working in small batches of 2-3 donuts at a time, place uncooked refrigerator biscuits in hot oil & fry 30-60 seconds
- Flip & fry an additional 30-60 seconds
- Remove & immediately toss in the bowl of cinnamon & sugar to coat (it will stick if they are hot)
- Place on wire rack to cool
- Repeat with remaining biscuits
- Now for the GLAZE-
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a small pan & heat over low until fully combined
- Drizzle over prepared donuts - Enjoy!
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
You have to make these! Such a delicious way to start your weekend!
Looking for more great breakfast ideas?