Hello there all my wonderful friends! Are you in the mood for some cookies? How about some soft & chewy chocolate cookies with walnuts in them? Yeah- I thought so. I can always go for a super good cookie like these Chocolate Walnut Cookies. I tested this cookie recipe on the hubs who is very picky about cookies & he was blown away! All I heard was “WOW- now that’s a good cookie!” So I knew I had to share it with you all here so you can WOW everyone too.
Are you on the pudding cookie bandwagon? The first time I made cookies with pudding it turned me into a total convert. It definitely changes the whole cookie- for the better. I always find myself gravitating back to my pudding recipes.
I recommend making a double batch if you can. These lasted just under a day in our house.
Chocolate Walnut Cookies
- 1 stick butter 1/2 cup softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar - packed
- 1 large egg - room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts
- no need to chop the walnuts as they will break up when beating in with the mixer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In mixer bowl - cream together butter & sugars.
- Add egg & vanilla - beat 10 seconds to combine
- Add in flour, pudding mix, baking soda & salt - beat well until fully combined
- Beat in walnuts on low
- Take tablespoon size pieces of dough & roll them between your hands to form a ball
- Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart to allow for spread
- Bake 10-12 minutes
- Let cool on cookie sheet 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling
- *remember to only place uncooked dough on a room temperature cookie sheet & not on one that is still hot out of the oven. This changes your cookie.
Want more great cookie recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE