I sure love altering our favorite recipes. I make a whole lot of Yummy Bar Recipes for the family & so I’m always looking for ways to improve upon them or make them so we can enjoy them more often. I came up with these Chocolate Almond Biscotti Cake Mix Bars by substituting a higher calorie ingredient for a fat free & sugar free version that has less calories too. You can’t even tell they are lower calorie & the added flavor of Chocolate Almond Biscotti to these cake mix bars is just divine.
Just look at all that wonderful chocolaty goodness topped with almonds.
YUM-O! I’m telling you – these were just what I needed. The hubs had been asking for goodies for over a week – I think these took care of that. He was quite pleased. But really – I would have thought he was nuts if all this chocolate cakey heaven didn’t do the trick.
Chocolate Almond Cake Mix Bars
- 1 1 pound box Devils Food Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp International Delight Fat Free+Sugar Free Creamer Flavor Chocolate Almond Biscotti
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Spray 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray & set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cake mix, creamer, evaporated milk & butter in mixer bowl & beat until combined
- Divide batter - spreading 3/4 of the batter in the bottom of the pan in an even, flat layer
- Bake 9-10 minutes - remove
- Top with chocolate chunks & almonds
- Drop remaining batter on top - do not smooth out (you want it sort of in clumps as it will spread as it bakes
- Return to oven & bake an additional 24-30 minutes
- Cool completely on wire rack before cutting
- Store at room temperature in airtight container
Looking for more Yummy Bar Recipes
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE