I sure love altering our favorite recipes. I make a whole lot of Yummy Bar Recipes for the family & so I’m always looking for ways to improve upon them or make them so we can enjoy them more often. I came up with these Chocolate Almond Biscotti Cake Mix Bars by substituting a higher calorie ingredient for a fat free & sugar free version that has less calories too. You can’t even tell they are lower calorie & the added flavor of Chocolate Almond Biscotti to these cake mix bars is just divine.
Just look at all that wonderful chocolaty goodness topped with almonds.
YUM-O! I’m telling you – these were just what I needed. The hubs had been asking for goodies for over a week – I think these took care of that. He was quite pleased. But really – I would have thought he was nuts if all this chocolate cakey heaven didn’t do the trick.
Chocolate Almond Cake Mix Bars
- 1 1 pound box Devils Food Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp International Delight Fat Free+Sugar Free Creamer Flavor Chocolate Almond Biscotti
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Spray 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray & set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cake mix, creamer, evaporated milk & butter in mixer bowl & beat until combined
- Divide batter - spreading 3/4 of the batter in the bottom of the pan in an even, flat layer
- Bake 9-10 minutes - remove
- Top with chocolate chunks & almonds
- Drop remaining batter on top - do not smooth out (you want it sort of in clumps as it will spread as it bakes
- Return to oven & bake an additional 24-30 minutes
- Cool completely on wire rack before cutting
- Store at room temperature in airtight container
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Looking for more Yummy Bar Recipes
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE