Chewy Patriotic Brownie Cookies are a soft & fudgy cookie recipe that will satisfy any brownie lover out there. Loaded with chocolate chips & patriotic M&M’s, these will be the hit at all your summer parties.
Oh my goodness. Have you ever had a brownie cookie before? I first had the pleasure of trying them years ago when we picked some up at the bakery. I instantly fell in love & swore I would make some every week. They are my guilty pleasure for sure! Since we are close to 4th of July & I have bags & bags of patriotic M&M’s, I decided to top this batch with them to make these Chewy Patriotic Brownie Cookies.
Things tend to get a little out of control when it comes to 4th of July. I make everything I can with red, white & blue & I love it. We all get so excited when those big party-sized bags of patriotic M&M’s come out each year. I make sure to buy at least 5-6 bags to last the whole season. It sure makes baking for the holiday so much easier!
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
To make these it all starts with the brownie mix. Your ratios of vegetable oil & eggs is a little different than if you were making a standard box of brownies. We also add a little bit of all-purpose flour in there to thicken the batter but keep that chewy brownie texture.
Here are some frequently asked questions…
Can I use vegetable oil instead of canola?
Yes, you absolutely can. It won’t change the recipe at all.
Can I omit the M&M’s?
You sure can or change them up for a different holiday or event if you like. You could even use mini M&M”s if that is your preference. But when these cookies are warm, those M&M centers are melty & gooey. So good – I wouldn’t want to go without them.
Can I add another mix-in into these cookies?
Yes, that would be delicious. Maybe walnuts of chunks of candy bar would be fabulous.
Chewy Patriotic Brownie Cookies
For this recipe you will need…
These are definitely brownie cookie heaven for the serious brownie lover!
Scroll to the bottom for the Printable Recipe
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIE COOKIES
Looking for more awesome patriotic recipes for your celebrations?
Chewy Patriotic Brownie Cookies
- 1 box brownie mix - just the mix don't prepare it
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup patriotic M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees & line a baking sheet with parchment paper - set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil & flour. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips & 3/4 cup of the M&M's - reserving the remaining 1/4 cup for the tops of the cookies
- Scoop the dough into large mounds onto the lined cookie sheet - spacing about 2" apart
- Bake 9-10 minutes
- When you remove from the oven, tap the sheet on the counter or top of the range to release some of the air in the cookies & give them that nice crackle top.
- Immediately top with additional M&M's
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack & cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Coconut Cream Popsicles With Vanilla Bean And Malibu Rum | The Modern Proper
Nutella Cheesecake | Baked by an Introvert