Do you feel that sense of togetherness this time of year? When you think about family moments, do they center around food? I know a lot of my family memories are jogged by certain triggers, many of them food. Whether it be a smell, a flavor, a moment shared with my kids that is similar to one I had as a child- they are all so great & they all come flooding back & give me smiles.
I love creating memories like that with my kids. I want them to remember the times we spend in the kitchen. I want them to taste something when they are adults & remember something we did together & smile about it. One thing I am trying to do is bring back old family recipes & combine them with things I love to make new family favorites & great memories for the kids.
If you ask my kids what foods I love- they would definitely say Ice Cream. Not just any Ice Cream though. When I am looking for Ice Cream I want something that tastes amazing, wholesome ingredients, variety of flavors, creamy texture & makes me feel special. I think that’s part of the experience. So I decided to take one of my favorite cookie recipes & combine it with one of my favorite Dreyer’s Slow Churned flavors – Caramel Delight & make a treat that we will be making for years to come.
Caramel Gingerbread Ice Cream Cake
- 1 carton Caramel Delight Dreyer's Slow Churned Ice Cream
- 15 Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
- Chocolate Syrup
- Chocolate Jimmies
- Slivered Almonds
- Cherries opt
- Start by letting your Dreyer's Slow Churned Ice Cream soften on counter about 5-10 minutes
- Using a loaf pan, start laying your cookies in the bottom of your pan for your first layer
- Put several scoops of Ice Cream on your cookies & smooth out to a flat layer
- Add another layer of cookies over your smoothed Ice Cream
- Add another layer of Ice Cream
- Cover & place in freezer several hours to firm up.
- Remove from freezer & run sides of your dish under water to warm up enough to release
- Run a knife along the sides to help release the Ice Cream & invert on to serving plate
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over the top
- Sprinkle with chocolate jimmies & slivered almonds
- Add cherries
- Return to freezer about 30 minutes to firm again after decorating to firm any Ice Cream that may have melted during this process.
This was a HUGE HIT! We will be making this for many holidays here in the near future. I prefer the Dreyer’s Slow Churned for this not only because of it’s creamy texture but because it’s Slow Churned it makes it HALF THE FAT and 1/3 FEWER CALORIES than regular ice cream.
Don’t miss the seasonal flavors Pumpkin & Peppermint this time of year.
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE