So what do you do when you have 40 pounds of apples on hand?? Well you start by making lots & lots of Apple Pie Filling. Then you start using that filling in all sorts of recipes. Or at least that’s what I have been doing since we picked up our apples from the orchard down the street. I couldn’t be happier with the smell of cinnamon & spice filling my house each day. Apples & cinnamon are a top favorite of the hubs & my son- so they are in absolute heaven here at the moment.
I needed to whip up something quick for the kids for breakfast the other day so I decided to make this…
This has all the apple, spiced, cinnamon, fall flavor you are after this time of year.
Moist & perfect with your morning coffee.
Caramel Apple Spice Bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups apple pie filling I used my Caramelized Pear Pie Filling only substituted the pears for apples
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Cinnamon/sugar mix to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease 2 loaf pans- set aside.
- Combine all ingredients (except the cinnamon/sugar mix) in mixer bowl & beat well until completely combined into a thick batter.
- Spoon batter into your prepared pans
- Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture
- Bake 70-80 minutes or until toothpick test is clean
- Cool in pan on wire rack
- Remove from pan & store wrapped in foil at room temp.
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE