So what do you do when you have 40 pounds of apples on hand?? Well you start by making lots & lots of Apple Pie Filling. Then you start using that filling in all sorts of recipes. Or at least that’s what I have been doing since we picked up our apples from the orchard down the street. I couldn’t be happier with the smell of cinnamon & spice filling my house each day. Apples & cinnamon are a top favorite of the hubs & my son- so they are in absolute heaven here at the moment.
I needed to whip up something quick for the kids for breakfast the other day so I decided to make this…
This has all the apple, spiced, cinnamon, fall flavor you are after this time of year.
Moist & perfect with your morning coffee.
Caramel Apple Spice Bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups apple pie filling I used my Caramelized Pear Pie Filling only substituted the pears for apples
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Cinnamon/sugar mix to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease 2 loaf pans- set aside.
- Combine all ingredients (except the cinnamon/sugar mix) in mixer bowl & beat well until completely combined into a thick batter.
- Spoon batter into your prepared pans
- Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture
- Bake 70-80 minutes or until toothpick test is clean
- Cool in pan on wire rack
- Remove from pan & store wrapped in foil at room temp.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE