I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for McCafé packaged coffee. I received product samples as well as a monetary promotional incentive to thank me for my participation.
Soft buttery cookies coated in crushed candy canes & drizzled in white chocolate. Candy Cane Cookies are the perfect compliment to cherished coffee time.
Candy Cane Cookies
It’s the travel season & it seems so many are coming & going & going & going. One thing I really love about traveling this time of year is stopping for coffee while on the road & enjoying it with a little treat. It’s the little thing I look forward to when I’m planning a trip. I think it’s because from the early days with the hubs we would travel on road trips quite a bit & it was always a marathon trip. We don’t like to stop too often as we are eager to get to our destination. So we need something to give us a little kick start & keep us going on the road. One favorite while traveling is great McCafé coffee. It’s something that brings me smiles.
Since it’s a flavor this coffee lover truly LOVES I was so excited when I found it available in stores!! I can have ground for here at home & the K-Cup pods for when I’m at the apartment. I never have to go without anymore.
Like I mentioned – I love having it with a little treat & these candy cane cookies are the perfect compliment. It’s my favorite way to kick start my morning & later on in the afternoon too.
I mean, soft cookies all coated in crushed candy canes & white chocolate – perfect for this time of year. Great for all those peppermint lovers out there.
I know these will be perfect come Christmas Eve to leave out for Santa & will go great when I need a little coffee to keep me going that night too.
You can still pick up McCafé at your local McDonald’s – but now this is just another fun way to enjoy your favorite coffee by finding McCafé packaged coffee in your local grocery store or retailer! Connect with them on Twitter!
McCafé – Made with 100% Arabica beans, McCafé packaged coffee comes in seven varieties including different roasts and blends, such as Premium Roast, French Roast, Breakfast Blend and Colombian, and different flavors, such as French Vanilla and Hazelnut.
Candy Cane Cookies & Coffee Time
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup crushed candy cane crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted white chocolate
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Line baking trays with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place crushed candy canes in a small bowl & set aside.
- Cream together 1½ cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl.
- Mix together dry ingredients. Stir into wet ingredients.
- Shape dough into 1¼-inch balls. Dip 1/2 of each ball in the crushed candy canes.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Drizzle each cooled cookie with the melted white chocolate & then sprinkle with additional candy cane crumbs
This really is the most delicious pairing during the holiday season!
Looking for more great coffee pairings?
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE