I have been telling you all how much I love coconut for a while now. I’m sure you have been wondering when I was going to make the perfect coconut cookie- the macaroon. Well – I actually did a few weeks ago & I shared them over on Lil’Luna as part of Kristyn’s contributor team. I was been so excited to share them here- because any coconut lover knows that macaroons are the ultimate coconut goodie. I decided to top them with some White Chocolate Cadbury candy eggs – because I love them & buy every variety every Easter. YUM-O! These Cadbury Macaroons hardly lasted a 24 hours in this house.
You could use the milk chocolate eggs in the pastel colors or the dark chocolate in the jewel tones. I opted for the white chocolate so they would stand out against the toasted coconut.
You probably need to make a double batch of these if you are serving them for company. They go fast.
Just a little squeeze of melted candy melts on there to hold on the egg- that’s it.
- 3 cups toasted coconut
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup candy melts in color of choice
- 24-30 white chocolate Cadbury candy eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees - oven rack should be placed in the bottom 1/3 of your oven.
- Toast your coconut - set aside
- Whisk egg whites, sugar, extract & salt until they are combined & mixture looks frothy
- Add coconut - stir until coated
- Line baking sheets with parchment
- Using wet hands - take a tablespoon sized portions of your coconut mixture & form into a balls & place on prepared cookie sheet
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a deeper golden brown & are holding together
- Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to complete the cooling process.
- In a double boiler- melt your candy melts
- Carefully transfer to a piping bag & squeeze a little on top of each macaroon
- Immediately top with your Cadbury candy egg before your pipped chocolate hardens.
Want More Quick Recipes for your Easter spread?
Gluten Free – Chocolate Chip Cookie Cup Sundae
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]