Tea Cakes – I love them. My fabulous Contributor Rochelle from Oh So Sweet Baker must have known that because she’s back today to bring you these AMAZING Bourbon Peach Tea Cakes that I absolutely CAN’T WAIT to try. Check them out – drool a little & then make some!!! Enjoy!
I’m back from my blog Oh So Sweet Baker with another recipe for you, which I’ll hope you’ll love.
Okay I seriously can’t get enough mini cakes right about now especially these bourbon peach cakes. They totally scream summer and since cake is in the top 5 of favourite desserts and peach in the top 5 of favourite fruits I knew I had to combine them together complete with a generous dousing of bourbon, because you can never go wrong with alcohol.
UK is full in summer mode. Sorry I lied. UK tbh doesn’t really have what everyone else calls summer. We have more of autumny spring weather with like 4 days out of the whole summer term actually sunny. Mini bourbon peach cakes bring the summer with them. The fresh, bright juicy flesh can brighten up anyone’s dull day with mini kick up the pants from the booze.
These are basically similar to my mini berry teacakes that I made the other day. First these are made with brown butter, can’t go wrong there, with a little hint of sage which works well with the hazel-nuttiness from the brown butter. Followed by lemon scented bourbon mascarpone and macerated peach slices making for a summer filled treat.
Bourbon Peach Tea Cakes
Brown butter sage cakes...
- 115 g 1/2 cup butter
- 3-4 sage leaves
- 115 g 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 100 g 1/2 cup sugar
- 185 g 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3-4 small ripe peaches
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 150 ml ' 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2-3 tbsp bourbon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 200 g 3/4 cup mascarpone
Brown butter sage cakes...
- Spray a cupcake tin with non stick spray. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
- Brown the butter in a medium saucepan and the sage and allow to cool down.
- Strain then add the sour cream, vanilla and eggs and whisk to combine.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together and gradually add the wet.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake holes and bake for 15-20mins.
- Allow to cool slightly before turning out to cool on a rack
- Remove the stone out of the ripe peaches.
- Place in a bowl and add the bourbon and caster sugar.
- Allow to sit for at least 30mins
- Whip the cream, bourbon, icing sugar and lemon zest together till it forms soft peaks.
- Beat in the mascarpone and place in a piping bag with a star nozzle.
- Pipe a swirl of the cream on top of each cake.
- Top with the macerated peach slices and a piece of sage leaf.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Thank you so much Rochelle!!!!!!!
I absolutely LOVE this recipe & I know it will be a HUGE favorite in our house.
Want more great fruity treats?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE