If you love kettle corn & unique popcorn recipes then this Bacon Caramel Kettle Corn is perfect for you. This makes a caramel popcorn recipe AMAZING.
Do you love caramel popcorn? How about kettle corn? Me too – so much so that I had a hard time deciding which I would use for my latest popcorn recipe when planning our family movie time. So I decided to mix the two & add a little extra special too.
You see – I love to pick up a variety of flavors of Pop Secret when I’m at Walmart doing my weekly shopping. We try to have some sort of family time during the week & if it’s a movie, then it always involves popcorn.
Before my son got a job we would have family movie night on the weekends. Now he works until quite late on the weekend & so we have had to shift our movie time to week day afternoons. Which is fine with me – I just have to break away from the studio earlier. I usually grumble about having way too much to do but I’m always so happy once I’m finally sitting with my family & finding a little breather in my week.
Seems that the older my kids get the harder it is to get time with all 5 of us together. So I really cherish these times when we can make some goodies, gather around & enjoy each other’s company for a little while.
What’s your favorite thing to make for movie night?
Bacon Caramel Kettle Corn
- 1 pack Pop Secret Sweet 'n Crunchy Caramel
- 1 pack Pop Secret Sweet 'n Crunchy Kettlecorn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup bacon crumbles
- Pop both bags of popcorn in microwave to package directions & combine in a large bowl with your bacon crumbles - set aside
- Combine butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk & salt in a saucepan
- Attach a candy thermometer to the side- don't let the tip touch the bottom of the pan- but make sure it's well within the liquid.
- Heat over medium-high -stirring constantly until mixture boils
- Once it boils reduce heat to medium & continue stirring until thermometer reaches 220 degrees
- Remove from heat, carefully remove your thermometer & drizzle mixture over the popcorn
- Fold with a spatula to coat the popcorn & bacon with caramel
- Enjoy immediately - the bacon should not be left out at room temperature for very long. This is best enjoyed at the time of preparation.
Want more great popcorn recipes?
Here are a couple other great popcorn recipes from some great bloggers!
25 Popcorn Recipes – from Reasons to Skip the Housework
100 of the Best Popcorn Recipes from Yellow Bliss Road
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE