If you love kettle corn & unique popcorn recipes then this Bacon Caramel Kettle Corn is perfect for you. This makes a caramel popcorn recipe AMAZING.
Do you love caramel popcorn? How about kettle corn? Me too – so much so that I had a hard time deciding which I would use for my latest popcorn recipe when planning our family movie time. So I decided to mix the two & add a little extra special too.
You see – I love to pick up a variety of flavors of Pop Secret when I’m at Walmart doing my weekly shopping. We try to have some sort of family time during the week & if it’s a movie, then it always involves popcorn.
Before my son got a job we would have family movie night on the weekends. Now he works until quite late on the weekend & so we have had to shift our movie time to week day afternoons. Which is fine with me – I just have to break away from the studio earlier. I usually grumble about having way too much to do but I’m always so happy once I’m finally sitting with my family & finding a little breather in my week.
Seems that the older my kids get the harder it is to get time with all 5 of us together. So I really cherish these times when we can make some goodies, gather around & enjoy each other’s company for a little while.
What’s your favorite thing to make for movie night?
Bacon Caramel Kettle Corn
- 1 pack Pop Secret Sweet 'n Crunchy Caramel
- 1 pack Pop Secret Sweet 'n Crunchy Kettlecorn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup bacon crumbles
- Pop both bags of popcorn in microwave to package directions & combine in a large bowl with your bacon crumbles - set aside
- Combine butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk & salt in a saucepan
- Attach a candy thermometer to the side- don't let the tip touch the bottom of the pan- but make sure it's well within the liquid.
- Heat over medium-high -stirring constantly until mixture boils
- Once it boils reduce heat to medium & continue stirring until thermometer reaches 220 degrees
- Remove from heat, carefully remove your thermometer & drizzle mixture over the popcorn
- Fold with a spatula to coat the popcorn & bacon with caramel
- Enjoy immediately - the bacon should not be left out at room temperature for very long. This is best enjoyed at the time of preparation.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more great popcorn recipes?
Here are a couple other great popcorn recipes from some great bloggers!
25 Popcorn Recipes – from Reasons to Skip the Housework
100 of the Best Popcorn Recipes from Yellow Bliss Road
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE