Streusel topped Apple Crumb Cakes packed with apples & cinnamon are scrumptious! These are a positively delectable way to start your mornings with a smile.
Apple Crumb Cakes
I love making goodies to share with the hubs over coffee on the weekends. On the weekends he comes home I usually spend Friday making some sort of yumminess for us to have while we catch up on the goings-on of the week. There is usually so much to cram in to the short time we have together that we don’t want to spend half the day preparing a big breakfast. So something as quick as a little apple crumb cake is just enough to get us going for the day. In this house full of cinnamon & apple lovers, these never last long. The kids are always clamoring to get in on some of these.
I try to keep a lot of my baking seasonal, meaning that I don’t do summer flavors in January sort of thing. But while these are really a fall type recipe, they are made year round in this house. There are too many in our family that can’t get enough of that great cinnamon & apple goodness to make them wait for only one time of year. So fortunately I can get apples year round. I just can’t get the locally grown ones year round. But the ones in our stores do come from Washington- so it’s almost like we are getting them local. It’s just not 10 minutes away local – more like 30 minutes instead. Which really isn’t bad at all. Keeps everyone happy here.
Apple Crumb Cakes
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter -melted & cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp cold butter cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line muffin tins (should make 12-15 muffins)
- In mixer bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon - mix
- In small bowl combine cooled butter, milk, molasses. Add to dry mixture & then add egg - beat until just combined
- Pour into liners filling about 3/4 full
- In medium bowl combine butter, flour, sugar & cinnamon & stir with a fork or pastry cutter until crumbly
- Sprinkle on top of muffin batter
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick test is clean
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to completely cool
- Whisk ingredients together & then drizzle over each muffin
- Store muffins in airtight container in refrigerator due to dairy in the glaze
- Microwave for 10-15 seconds to bring to a room temperature before serving
I’m telling you, these are the perfect little treat to start your day off with a smile.
Looking for more great breakfast ideas?
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Apple Streusel French Toast Bake from Deliciously Sprinkled
Homemade Toaster Strudels from Cooking Classy
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE