that is incredibly difficult to gets cakes to separate from. So when I made the purchase I had these ideas in my head that I would be sharing all sorts of beautiful bundt cakes with you. I have yet to get one to release properly & this one I was super bummed out. Buuuuut- I made it into this
and you know- when you put a nice dollop of whip cream on top- it taste divine. Who cares if it’s not all in one slice.
So when it released from the pan you couldn’t really tell what the design was because all the details stuck to it.
I have tried greasing, greasing & flouring, cooking spray & bakers cooking spray.
As you can see- I sprinkled with a little powdered sugar – that tasted pretty good too.
I was able to get at least a couple slices out of it.
Apple Cake Crumble
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups diced apples
- 1-3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter- softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Generously grease & flour bundt pan.
- In large mixer bowl- combine all ingredients except nuts.
- Beat on high 1-2 minutes- until well combined
- Stir in nuts.
- Transfer batter into prepared pan
- Fill no more than 3/4 full to avoid overflow
- Bake 50-55 minutes- or when toothpick test is clean
- Cool in pan 10 min on wire rack
- Invert on wire rack & remove from pan - allow to cool completely.
- If cake falls apart when removing from pan- break into crumbles in large bowl.
- If cake stays intact- serve in slices if desired
- Store in airtight container for several days
- Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a little whip cream.
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE