The very BEST Beer Battered Onion Rings that are so easy to make! Crunchy, flavorful & perfect in your favorite dipping sauce. Positively delicious!
Do you love onion rings? I am obsessed with them, especially when they are beer battered. Something about that delicious fried batter & the sweet & tender onion inside – oh my goodness- I just swoon over them. There are a couple places here in town that have some pretty good ones. But I’m one of those that can taste when the oil isn’t completely fresh, Which means that if I show up for a batch towards dinner time, I can taste that the oil has been used on multiple batches throughout the day. So I decided the only way to get around this was to either to start having onion rings for breakfast or make them myself. I decided it would be better to give it a go for myself & I am so very glad I did. These are not only delicious but super easy to make too. Absolutely the Best Beer Battered Onion Rings ever!
Best Beer Battered Onion Rings
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
This batter whips up just like pancake batter. Then you just slice your onion rings & toss them in to coat. It takes just a couple minutes in the hot oil & they are ready to enjoy. It’s actually sort of dangerous that it’s so simple, because that means I can have them all the time.
Beer Battered Onion Rings
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1¼ cups kraft beer
- Peel off outer layer of onion & slice into rings- the thickness is your personal preference
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl
- Add in cold beer & whisk until smooth
- Add several onion rings to the batter and stir to coat
- Heat oil to 350 degrees over med heat
- Carefully drop the onion rings into the hot oil & fry 5-7 minutes or until they’re a deep golden- flipping half way through
- Remove with a slotted spoon or tongs & place on a wire rack over a paper towel to drain - sprinkle with a little salt before they dry if desired
Don’t these look amazing? I can tell you, it was very hard for me to share! SO GOOD!
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more great recipes to pair with your onion rings?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE