Thank you Tate+Lyle® Sugars for sponsoring this post. Head to your local retailer to make your own creation with Tate+Lyle®!
White Chocolate Palmiers are a simple cookie made with puff pastry. Ready in as little as 40 minutes, they make a great addition to summer brunch.
White Chocolate Palmiers
I love this time of year. The weather is so nice that we often decide to dine outside. We set up our meal at the picnic table in the backyard & enjoy each other’s company over great food. One of our favorite things to do is to set up brunch out there during the weekend. We have some tea & make some super yummy goodies to go along with it. Sometimes it’s quiche or other savory dish & sometimes it’s goodies like muffins & pastries. This time, I was really craving puff pastry, but I didn’t really want a croissant. So I opted for these simple White Chocolate Palmiers instead.
Have you ever made palmiers before? Sometimes they are stuffed with savory fillings like cheese & spinach. Other times they can be filled with cream cheese & nuts. But for me, the buttery goodness of them in their original form is what I love best. I absolutely adore them because not only are they made with puff pastry, but they are coated with turbinado sugar. Something about those sugar crystals, they just pull me in. It must be their sparkle because they just make me want to eat everything they are encrusted on. For this particular time, I decided to give them a little drizzle of white chocolate over the top just to make them extra pretty.
For these palmiers, I used Tate+Lyle® Organic Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar. They also offer Tate+Lyle® Organic Pure Cane Sugar. I love these because they are organic, 100% pure cane sugar and they are Fairtrade certified products. I try to always be conscious of that & if I stick to Tate+Lyle® Sugars then I know I’m good. It certainly makes preparing for my summertime entertaining recipes easy. They are great for adding to my morning coffee, evening tea & all my baking recipes. I absolutely can’t wait to use those gorgeous blonde-colored sugar crystals in my next batch of homemade caramel. That amazing molasses flavor will be incredible! Look for them in the sweetener aisle during your next visit to Walmart. Use the product locator page at tateandlylesugars.com/us/ to find them in a store near you.
White Chocolate Palmiers
- 1 sheet- thawed puff pastry
- 1 egg - beaten
- 2 tbsp Tate+Lyle® Organic Turbinado Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Unfold & lay thawed puff pastry flat on parchment lined baking sheet
- Roll both short ends of dough towards the center to make a scroll-like shape
- Wrap with plastic wrap & place in freezer for about 20 minutes to firm
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Trim the uneven ends of the rolls off
- Cut each roll into about 1/2" thick slices
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet approx 1" apart
- Brush with beaten egg & sprinkle with sugar
- Bake 18-20 min- or until puffed & golden
- Melt white chocolate chips in a small glass bowl in microwave (heat on 50% heat for about 60-90 seconds)
- Drizzle chocolate over palmiers
These palmiers are positively delightful. As easy as they are to make, you really must serve them at your next summer gathering.
Looking for more of our favorite brunch recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.