So excited!!! This week I have teamed up with 15 other fabulous bloggers for Watermelon Week!!! That means that all this week I have been & will be sharing with you 15 different things to do with watermelon. I’m super excited about it because the family is crazy for watermelon & I am always looking for new ways to use it. Watermelon is the one thing that just screams summertime doesn’t it??!! Every summer gathering involves watermelon & what better way to make those festivities more fun than by adding some of these watermelon ideas to them!!
For my recipe I decided to make Watermelon/Cherry Limeade
I have a super huge obsession with all things cherry flavored. So it was only natural for me to take that & add it on in to Watermelon Week!!
The kids love it OR you could add a little vodka to for more of a grown up drink. I’m not one for alcohol- so I keep mine original.
- 1 pkt Cherry Limeade Powder Drink Mix
- 1/2 glass Lemon/Lime Soda
- 1/2 Glass Watermelon Puree
- Add about 1/4 watermelon to blender
- Sprinkle in cherry limeade powder from packet & blend until you have a nice puree consistency.
- Pour over ice in glass to about the 1/2 way point
- Fill remainder of glass with soda
- Stir to combine. Add any additional garnish if desired.
- I added watermelon, pineapple & blueberries frozen on a skewer.
Check out these other AWESOME Watermelon recipes posting today- be sure to check back to catch all the others this week!!
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE