I know I have made it pretty clear around here that I love coconut. But you know- it’s not just for it’s great taste. I love it in my beauty routine too. One thing I can’t live without is a sugar scrub. I’m always exfoliating & a good homemade sugar scrub is the best way to do it- especially now that the weather is warmer & more skin will be exposed. (which also means stocking up on sunscreen too) Right now- my focus is on soft skin, so I made this Toasted Coconut Green Tea Scrub. The benefits of coconut & green tea are abundant, so why not put them together.
As you can imagine- it smells great.
The added grit of the ground toasted coconut really helps to buff that dryer skin.
But the coconut oil bringing it all together is the perfect moisturizer to seal in that freshly softened skin.
Toasted Coconut Green Tea Scrub
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut - ground
- 2 tsp sweet matcha
- 2 green tea bags
- 3/4 cup coconut oil - liquid state
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Grind coconut in blender or food processor until it resembles coarse crumbs - transfer to a small bowl
- Add sugar, matcha & the contents of the 2 green tea bags - stir well until completely combined
- Add coconut oil - mix until completely moistened.
- Transfer to jars for gift giving or other airtight container.
- Store at room temperature
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want More Homemade Beauty Ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE