Remember a couple days ago when I shared with you about my deep love for coconut. Yeah – I think it’s sort of taken over my kitchen. I can’t stop myself. I just keep buying more so I can make more goodies. I sure wish I could pinpoint what exactly it is about it that makes me swoon. All I know is I think I may start depleting the world’s supply. Do you think I could get a palm tree to grow in North Idaho? Suppose I would have had better luck in Nevada – only it wasn’t moist enough there. Hmmmmm – maybe this is a sign I am in desperate need of a trip to a tropical location. In the meantime I’m just going to spread this Toasted Coconut Butter I made on everything I can.
It smells INCREDIBLE!!!!!
I’m so looking forward to using this in so many recipes to come.
Toasted Coconut Butter
- 1 cup Toasted Coconut
- 3-4 tbsp coconut oil - in it's liquid form
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add your toasted coconut to your food processor or blender. (I found with this volume I was using I had better luck with my blender just because it was a tighter space for the blades to really work well)
- Pulse the coconut - it will become powdery & then start to stick to itself & then become smooth
- When it gets to this sticky point - add in your coconut oil & keep blending
- Add vanilla & pulse 3-4 times to mix
- Store in a jar - either at room temperature or in the fridge
You can make this with standard sweetened or unsweetened coconut- shredded or flakes.
To make this toasted version- start here…
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]