Remember a couple days ago when I shared with you about my deep love for coconut. Yeah – I think it’s sort of taken over my kitchen. I can’t stop myself. I just keep buying more so I can make more goodies. I sure wish I could pinpoint what exactly it is about it that makes me swoon. All I know is I think I may start depleting the world’s supply. Do you think I could get a palm tree to grow in North Idaho? Suppose I would have had better luck in Nevada – only it wasn’t moist enough there. Hmmmmm – maybe this is a sign I am in desperate need of a trip to a tropical location. In the meantime I’m just going to spread this Toasted Coconut Butter I made on everything I can.
It smells INCREDIBLE!!!!!
I’m so looking forward to using this in so many recipes to come.
Toasted Coconut Butter
- 1 cup Toasted Coconut
- 3-4 tbsp coconut oil - in it's liquid form
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add your toasted coconut to your food processor or blender. (I found with this volume I was using I had better luck with my blender just because it was a tighter space for the blades to really work well)
- Pulse the coconut - it will become powdery & then start to stick to itself & then become smooth
- When it gets to this sticky point - add in your coconut oil & keep blending
- Add vanilla & pulse 3-4 times to mix
- Store in a jar - either at room temperature or in the fridge
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
You can make this with standard sweetened or unsweetened coconut- shredded or flakes.
To make this toasted version- start here…
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]