Taco Macaroni Casserole is comfort food at it’s finest. Ground beef, macaroni & taco flavors all come together in this delicious casserole everyone loves.
Taco Macaroni Casserole
Who’s craving some comfort food? We definitely are!! Winter is really settling in here & it’s so cold. I’m really finding myself craving May like temperatures. With the hubs at the apartment I find myself leaning more & more on easy dishes that fill the kids & leave enough for leftovers the next night. Especially because my son is working some evenings- it really makes it hard to all eat together. So since time is short I need to work quick in the kitchen so we can take advantage of what time we do have together to enjoy a meal. A lot of the time I will work on dinner while they finish up schoolwork. We dine a little early & then have a light snack later on in the evening. It’s a bit different than our usual schedule, but with easy casserole dishes like this- it makes meal time smooth.
This dish has all the flavors of your favorite taco, beef, seasonings, salsa, sour cream – yep, it’s all in there. But then we mix it in to some macaroni noodles & then bake it like a casserole. Oh my word- it’s delicious.
Now you can definitely just make, mix & eat this. It’s tastes great that way. But most of the time I like to pop it in the casserole dish, top with some cheese & bake for a bit. It really helps all those flavors come together. I guarantee, your family will absolutely LOVE this dinner recipe.
- 2 pound ground beef
- 16 ounces macaroni noodles
- 2 tbsp minced onions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 pkts taco seasoning
- 1- 8oz pkg cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup water
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded Cheese for topping
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain, set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, garlic and onions over medium heat until thoroughly cooked.
- Mix in the salsa and taco seasoning and let simmer over medium about 5 minutes.
- Add in the cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream and water, and continue stirring until the cream cheese and sauce is well blended throughout.
- Transfer to casserole dish & top with shredded cheese.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is bubbling
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
If your family loves good comfort food on these chilly winter days – this will be a favorite!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Looking for more easy family dinner ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE