Strawberry Napoleons are an easy dessert recipe made with puff pastry, pudding, strawberries & dusted with confectioners sugar. The perfect summer dessert.
I have a thing for pastries. I think it’s because they are so pretty. Something about sitting in front of something that is not only beautiful but sweet too just makes my heart sing.
When I graduated from high school my mom, grandmother & aunt took me on a girls weekend to a place near the CA coast called Solvang. It was a favorite place for my mom & I, so of course when we thought about a weekend get-away, that was our place of choice. It’s this little Scandinavian type town filled with little shops & Bakeries.
Of course, we ate our weight in pastries that weekend. But I wasn’t even 100 lbs at the time- so I suppose it wasn’t all that bad.
But we sure enjoyed ourselves & I found a deep love for pastries like these Strawberry Napoleons.
Because I love them so much I knew this would be the recipe of choice when I joined my friends for our first Feast & Devour challenge this month. The theme- strawberries. These Strawberry Napoleons were the first thing that popped into my head.
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full
I just laid out my puff pastry on my “go-to” baking sheet & baked to package directions. Then I whipped up the pudding & added that on there along with the strawberries & confectioners sugar.
I also thought these Strawberry Napoleons needed a little-whipped cream on top. Because really, whip cream makes it better.
Honestly- these Strawberry Napoleons just made me swoon! I loved every single bite & they are definitely the perfect summer dessert.
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry thawed
- 2 pkgs. about 3 ounces each instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cup milk
- 3 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- 2-1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 6 tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 3 strips along the fold marks.
- Cut each strip into 4 rectangles.
- Place the pastries on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to cooling rack & cool for 10 minutes.
- Split each pastry into 2 layers, making 48 in all.
- Prepare the pudding mix according to the package directions except use 1 cup milk.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Reserve 16 top pastry layers- set aside.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pudding mixture on each of 16 bottom pastry layers.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon strawberries and another pastry layer.
- Top with the remaining pudding, strawberries and the reserved top pastry layers.
- Sprinkle with the confectioners’ sugar.
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
Don’t miss these other FABULOUS summer strawberry recipes from my friends!
Strawberry Caprese Salad from Bread Booze Bacon
Strawberry Napoleons from Kleinworth & Co.
Classic Strawberry Shortcake from Cooking with Curls
No Bake Strawberry Summer Cake from Home.Made.Interest
Strawberry-Raspberry Lime Chia Jam from Frugal Foodie Mama
Strawberry Cheesecake Icebox Cake from Julie’s Eats & Treats
Scrumptious Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake from Liz on Call
Strawberry Fluff from Around My Family Table
Awesome Strawberry Mango Salsa from A Simple Pantry
Looking for more great strawberry recipes like these Strawberry Napoleons?