Are you ready for the big game? We sure are because we look forward to it all season long. We love putting out all of our favorite snack recipes to really make the day great.
One of the most requested recipes each year is Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs.
Everyone loves this recipe because it is so versatile. I love it because it’s not only easy but amazingly delicious. I just toss everything in the cooker & let it do its thing until people get hungry.
The cool part is that everyone likes it a little different. Some really pile them into a hoagie roll, others like to make a little rice bowl with some of these on top.
Then you have the big snackers that graze with the toothpicks all day long, grabbing one each & every time they pass by the cooker.
Game Day Recipes
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I always start with Cooked Perfect® Meatballs because they are so easy to prepare & are crafted with select meats, real cheeses & savory herbs.
They are flame-broiled to sear in the flavor, which makes it perfect for these type of recipes. You can find Cooked Perfect in your grocer’s freezer aisle. Look for great flavors like Italian Style, Homestyle & Chicken along with many others.
More Awesome Meatball Recipes
20-Minute Pepper Jelly Meatballs
BBQ Ale Meatballs
Slow Cooker Blueberry Honey Garlic Meatballs
Italian Wedding Soup with Pork Meatballs
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
BBQ Meatballs Street Tacos
Cranberry BBQ Meatballs
Oven-Baked Meatball Sandwiches
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
If you are looking for a really great game day recipe to wow your crowd during the big game, this is one of the best & easiest around.
Looking for more great meatball recipes?
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lbs Cooked Perfect frozen meatballs Angus Beef
- 1 medium red or orange bell pepper cubed
- 1 medium green or yellow bell pepper cubed
- 1 medium onion cubed - white, yellow or purple is fine
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks or 1- 20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained with juice reserved for sauce
- 8 oz pineapple juice -if not using canned pineapple
- Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place meatballs, bell peppers, onion & pineapple in the cooker & stir gently.
- Combine brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch, soy sauce, garlic powder & pineapple juice in a bowl & whisk to combine.
- Add mixture to slow cooker - cover & cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Serve in a hoagie roll for game day, over rice as a main dish or with toothpicks for a yummy appetizer.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.