A couple weeks ago I shared with you all my Honey Pumpkin Spice Black Bread. It was great but I really wanted to see if I could do it in the slow cooker because sometimes I want to make bread & my main dish at the same time & I don’t have a double oven. Sooooo- I decided to create this recipe & it turned out great.
Oh they were the best dinner rolls with our BBQ chicken breast & a baked potato.
They were also great with the Concord Grape Spread I shared last week.
It’s such a simple recipe- I was so pleased with how well this turned out.
Slow Cooker Black Bread
- 1 c warm milk
- 1/4 cup butter - melted
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 pkt Starbucks House Blend instant coffee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Rapid rise yeast - I like Red Star Platinum
- 2 tsp molasses
- Oats to sprinkle
- Line slow cooker with parchment & lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine yeast, sugar & milk in mixer bowl. Wait 5 minutes & then mix.
- Add salt & molasses, butter & 1/2 the four - combine using dough hook.
- Let sit 2 minutes to rest.
- Add remaining flour, cocoa, coffee & honey. Mix to combine.
- Knead in mixer with dough hook 4-5 minutes (or 10 min by hand) until elastic
- Allow dough to rest 5 minutes.
- Pull off pieces & shape into rolls & place in slow cooker. -It's okay to double the layers if your cooker is smaller.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of oatmeal.
- Cover & cook on high 1-1/2 hours or until firm.
- Remove lid & do not allow condensation to drip on bread.
- Lay a paper towel over cooker top & recover. Wait 10 minutes.
- Remove & enjoy.
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Want more bread? Try these…
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE