A couple weeks ago I shared with you all my Honey Pumpkin Spice Black Bread. It was great but I really wanted to see if I could do it in the slow cooker because sometimes I want to make bread & my main dish at the same time & I don’t have a double oven. Sooooo- I decided to create this recipe & it turned out great.
Oh they were the best dinner rolls with our BBQ chicken breast & a baked potato.
They were also great with the Concord Grape Spread I shared last week.
It’s such a simple recipe- I was so pleased with how well this turned out.
Slow Cooker Black Bread
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Rapid rise yeast - I like Red Star Platinum
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter - melted
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 pkt Starbucks House Blend instant coffee
- Oats to sprinkle
- Line slow cooker with parchment & lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine milk, sugar & yeast in the mixer bowl. Wait 5 minutes to proof & then mix.
- Add ½ of the flour, butter, molasses & salt - combine using dough hook.
- Let sit 2 minutes to rest.
- Add remaining flour, honey, cocoa & coffee. Mix to combine.
- Knead in mixer with dough hook 4-5 minutes (or 10 min by hand) until elastic.
- Allow the dough to rest 5 minutes.
- Pull off pieces & shape into rolls & place in slow cooker. -It's okay to double the layers if your cooker is smaller.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of oatmeal.
- Cover & cook on high 1½ hours or until it sounds hollow when tapped with your fingernail.
- Remove lid & do not allow condensation to drip on bread.
- Lay a paper towel over cooker top & recover. Wait 10 minutes before removing.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Want more bread? Try these…
Simple Beer Bread
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Ham and Cheese Pretzel Bites from I Heart Naptime
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread from Cooking Classy
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE