Ricotta Banana Nut Bread is a simple banana bread recipe that the whole family will love. A moist, sweet, cake-like quick bread that’s great for breakfast.
Our family sure loves homemade baked goods for breakfast. My kids really love things like homemade banana bread, which is why we make it all the time. I have so many different recipes for banana bread & we love them ALL. One day we were looking through grandma’s old recipes & found this one for Ricotta Banana Nut Bread. I had just bought a huge tub of ricotta & the hubs swore I would never use the whole thing before it went bad. I was bound to prove him wrong so I jumped at the chance to make this recipe we found.
Banana Bread Recipe
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
You don’t taste the ricotta in the flavor or the texture. It just adds to the overall depth of flavors in the bread. I sure love this recipe because it makes 2 loaves- which lasts us through at least 3 mornings for breakfast. It’s great for whipping up on a Friday afternoon so you can have breakfast througout the weekend with morning coffee & then some left on Monday morning when the schedule is hectic again.
Ricotta Banana Nut Bread
Bottom line- if you love banana bread, you have to add this one to your favorites list.
Be sure to bookmark your favorites so you have them handy, or Pin them to your favorite recipes board on Pinterest.
Looking for more great breakfast recipes?
Ricotta Banana Nut Bread
- 1 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups walnuts -roughly chopped
- 4 bananas - diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl whisk together oil & sugars until creamy.
- Add the vanilla, ricotta cheese & heavy cream, whisking until everything is incorporated.
- Whisk in eggs until smooth.
- Add bananas & walnuts - gently toss to coat.
- In another large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda & sea salt.
- Make a well in the middle - pour the wet mixture inside.
- Use a spatula to fold all the ingredients together.
- Grease 2 large loaf pans
- Pour in the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until toothpick test comes out clean.
- (mine needed 7 extra minutes for one & 12 extra for the other)
- Transfer to a cooling rack. - Slice once cool