Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies are soft & chewy peanut butter cookies sandwiched together with creamy Nutella. You can’t ask for a more delicious dessert!
There are some things that just pair well together. At the top of my list- peanut butter & chocolate. But then there is the wonderful creation we know as Nutella. It’s so heavenly. I was craving some- but really didn’t want to just eat it straight out of the jar. I also wanted something more fun than my usual peanut butter/Nutella sandwich. It has been a while since I made peanut butter cookies – so I thought it would be pretty tasty to make a batch & then sandwich them together with some Nutella & make some Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies. Heaven- it was Heaven. Every- single- bite.
These peanut butter cookies are so soft & chewy – I could eat 100 of them.
I recommend allowing them to cool completely or even chill in the refrigerator prior to adding the Nutella – otherwise it just melts & then the “sandwich” slides apart & you are left with a gooey mess. Trust me on this one 🙂
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter I used natural peanut butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 2-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In mixer - combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk & vanilla. Beat well.
- Add eggs - beating until just combined
- Add flour, baking soda & salt - beat on low to combine & then beat well for approx 1 minute to bring to a fluffier consistency
- Take tablespoon size portion & roll between hands to form a ball - then flatten slightly & place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until edges are beginning to brown
- Remove & cool on tray approx 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool - spread Nutella on cookie & pair with another like sized cookie to form "sandwich"
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Want More great cookie recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE