Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies are soft & chewy peanut butter cookies sandwiched together with creamy Nutella. You can’t ask for a more delicious dessert!
There are some things that just pair well together. At the top of my list- peanut butter & chocolate. But then there is the wonderful creation we know as Nutella. It’s so heavenly. I was craving some- but really didn’t want to just eat it straight out of the jar. I also wanted something more fun than my usual peanut butter/Nutella sandwich. It has been a while since I made peanut butter cookies – so I thought it would be pretty tasty to make a batch & then sandwich them together with some Nutella & make some Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies. Heaven- it was Heaven. Every- single- bite.
These peanut butter cookies are so soft & chewy – I could eat 100 of them.
I recommend allowing them to cool completely or even chill in the refrigerator prior to adding the Nutella – otherwise it just melts & then the “sandwich” slides apart & you are left with a gooey mess. Trust me on this one 🙂
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter I used natural peanut butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 2-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In mixer - combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk & vanilla. Beat well.
- Add eggs - beating until just combined
- Add flour, baking soda & salt - beat on low to combine & then beat well for approx 1 minute to bring to a fluffier consistency
- Take tablespoon size portion & roll between hands to form a ball - then flatten slightly & place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until edges are beginning to brown
- Remove & cool on tray approx 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool - spread Nutella on cookie & pair with another like sized cookie to form "sandwich"
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Want More great cookie recipes?
Don’t miss these great ideas from these bloggers….
Cooking Classy – Grilled PB&J
Baking A Moment – Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE