With the whole hubbub of back to school going on I thought I would make a little something that just screams school time to me. Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream! With just 3 simple ingredients, completely dairy free & it’s ready in just 5 minutes. So incredibly easy. When I did my little quality control taste test – I was really surprised by how it truly tastes JUST like a good ‘ol PB&J. It also made me realize just how little the bread contributes to the overall flavor of a PB&J. This Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream is all I ever need when I’m craving those two wonderful flavors together.
The kids were all over this. I love that I can whip it up in my blender & it’s ready so quickly.
I decided to use my Huckleberry Jam that I shared with you on Monday. So I suppose this is really peanut butter & jam ice cream. But it doesn’t have the same ring to it now does it?! Besides – you can use any flavor jelly you like with this so the name still holds true for recipe recreation purposes.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream
- 5 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup jelly (I used my Huckleberry Jam in this batch
- Place peanut butter in the bottom of blender (this helps make sure it's fully incorporated)
- Add bananas
- Blend on high for several minutes
- Scrape down sides & continue blending until creamy
- Transfer to medium size bowl & fold in jelly/jam being careful to not fully blend it in. You want ribbons of jelly throughout.
- Enjoy immediately for a soft serve ice cream or transfer to air tight container & freeze overnight for firm ice cream.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more recipes made with frozen bananas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]