With the whole hubbub of back to school going on I thought I would make a little something that just screams school time to me. Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream! With just 3 simple ingredients, completely dairy free & it’s ready in just 5 minutes. So incredibly easy. When I did my little quality control taste test – I was really surprised by how it truly tastes JUST like a good ‘ol PB&J. It also made me realize just how little the bread contributes to the overall flavor of a PB&J. This Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream is all I ever need when I’m craving those two wonderful flavors together.
The kids were all over this. I love that I can whip it up in my blender & it’s ready so quickly.
I decided to use my Huckleberry Jam that I shared with you on Monday. So I suppose this is really peanut butter & jam ice cream. But it doesn’t have the same ring to it now does it?! Besides – you can use any flavor jelly you like with this so the name still holds true for recipe recreation purposes.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream
- 5 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup jelly (I used my Huckleberry Jam in this batch
- Place peanut butter in the bottom of blender (this helps make sure it's fully incorporated)
- Add bananas
- Blend on high for several minutes
- Scrape down sides & continue blending until creamy
- Transfer to medium size bowl & fold in jelly/jam being careful to not fully blend it in. You want ribbons of jelly throughout.
- Enjoy immediately for a soft serve ice cream or transfer to air tight container & freeze overnight for firm ice cream.
Want more recipes made with frozen bananas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]