Did you know that September is Better Breakfast Month? How cool is that?! Most of you regular readers know that for over a year now I have been committed to homemade breakfasts for my kids. That doesn’t mean giving up things we love. It just means that I make my own versions of them. One thing the kids really love is this Peanut Butter Granola Cereal. I love that it is packed full of great protein from peanut butter to kick off their mornings right. I love peanut butter in most things & adding to to breakfast (beyond spreading it on my toast) is so much fun. It’s so simple to make too.
Mornings can be hectic, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice on flavor or nutrition. Making time for breakfast and choosing to incorporate ingredients like peanut butter which is high in fiber, protein and good fats can play a role in maintaining your diet.
We also like to spread peanut butter on a bagel, stir it in a smoothie or top off your waffles for a quick and easy serving of protein. Peanut butter is not only nutritious but it’s very versatile!
Did you know that 90 percent of American pantries contain one or more jars of peanut butter, making it an easy go-to ingredient to help make breakfast quick and convenient?! I know we have 8 different jars in our pantry right now- all different flavors & varieties. Yep- we love peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Granola Cereal
- 3 cup oats
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 cup mix ins - I used a dried fruit blend of raisins cherries & blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 conventional/ 325 convection.
- Mix oats, sugar & mix-ins into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan- combine coconut oil, peanut butter & honey.
- Heat over medium until it's pourable & fully melted.
- Remove from heat & pour over your dry mixture.
- Toss to fully coat.
- Spread out on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes- mix stir to expose uncooked areas.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove & allow to cool completely before transferring to airtight container.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more great ways to use peanut butter?