WOW – I can’t believe how fast this year is going by. It’s fall & I am so excited. For me September means lots of baked recipes, lots of caramel flavored things & figs, apples & pears. I know many are already into pumpkin. But I really feel that with all the attention pumpkin gets through October & November – I really want to hold off as much as I can on the pumpkin flavored things until then. So I am focused on all my other favorite flavors right now. I love the flavors of fall & that wonderful smell drifting through my house. Since I have not made a crumble bar recipe in a really long time, I decided to take a jar of that wonderful fig butter I shared a little bit ago & pair it with some buttery crumble bars. Then I topped the Fig Crumble Bars with a drizzle of glaze. But not just any ol’ glaze. I made this salted caramel mocha glaze that was absolutely perfect with the fig butter. Oh my – the family is sure loving the tastes of fall coming out of the kitchen right now. I love Yummy Bar Recipes!
I know I say this a lot- but it’s true, this recipe is SO EASY. If you can mix a couple ingredients in a bowl & then bake – then you can do these. Really- that’s all there is to it. Don’t you love quick & simple recipes? When I whipped these up I also had 3 other recipes to make in that same slot of time in the kitchen. When I have that much to do- quick is key. I love that clean up is easy too.
You know- you could use whatever flavor spread you want in these. I just happened to have all this fig butter on hand. Maybe next time I will make some with my pumpkin butter.
Such buttery goodness paired with that wonderful salted caramel mocha drizzle. Oh so YUMMY!
I’m telling you – these are the perfect way to kick off the fall baking season. I LOVE this Salted Caramel Mocha creamer. It’s great for starting my day in my coffee. But I also love that I can use it in so many other ways to bring that flavor I love into other recipes too. Salted caramel mocha tops my list for all time favorite fall flavors.
Fig Crumble Bars
- 1 pkg white cake mix
- 2-1/2 cups quick oats
- 1-1/2 sticks butter- melted
- 8 ounces fig butter
- 2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tbsp International Delight Salted Caramel Mocha coffee creamer
- Preheat oven to 375 conventional/ 350 convection
- Line a 10x10 baking pan with parchment- set aside
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix & oats.
- Pour in melted butter & mix with a large spatula until crumbly
- Pour 3/4 of the mix in your prepared pan & press down into an even layer
- Add fig butter- spreading into a thin, even layer
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over the top
- Bake 20-25 minutes- or until golden.
- Remove & cool completely before frosting & cutting
For the frosting
- Place confectioners sugar in small bowl
- Whisk in creamer one tablespoon at a time until it's thin enough to pipe across in a pattern but still thick enough to hold it's shape.
- Transfer to pipping bag or a small zip top bag with the corner cut off
- Pipe on in desired pattern
- Cut into bars - enjoy
- *Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator
Be sure to connect with International Delight for more great fall flavors.
Want more great fall recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.