The kids have been asking for some new breakfast recipes to add to some of their everyday favorites. I like to keep things homemade. So coming up with a variety of options that are also time friendly can be challenging at times. So when I tried whipping up these Peanut Butter & Banana Breakfast Cookies in just a couple minutes – I was thrilled. They are soft & moist & packed full of heartiness to keep the kids full through the morning.
I love that these are simple enough that the kids could actually make them on their own. Just whip up the batter – NO EGGS & bake for a few minutes. The batter looks like very little in the bowl but ends up making about 15-16 cookies. That works out great when you have 3 very hungry teens just waiting to get their hands on these. They are the perfect thing to use up those over ripe bananas too. However – you don’t have to wait for them to get past their prime. I made these with a green banana & they still turned out great.
Peanut Butter & Banana Breakfast Cookies
- 1 medium banana
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line large baking sheet with parchment - set aside
- Place banana, peanut butter, honey & vanilla in mixer bowl & beat until banana is mashed & ingredients are well combined
- Add oats, flour, cinnamon & baking soda - fold until just incorporated
- Drop 1-2 tbsp of dough onto prepared baking sheet & flatten slightly
- Bake until browned 12-15 minutes
- Transfer to wire rack to cool
- Store in airtight container at room temperature
Want more breakfast ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE