Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookies made with peanut butter, flourless oatmeal cookies, packed full of walnuts & chocolate chips & filled with marshmallow cream. YUM!
It’s time for peanut butter bash! Who here is as excited as I am?? I love getting creative with peanut butter, because – well, it’s OH SO GOOD! Right??! This month the pairing is peanut butter & cinnamon- so my mind immediately went to peanut butter oatmeal cookies. But I have been wanting to make oatmeal cream pies for a really long time. Oatmeal cookies are the hubs all-time favorite & I have been promising him that I would make some for a while. But I’m not so hot on them usually & need something to jazz them up. So I decided that Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookies would be absolutely perfect.
Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookies
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Now if the hubs had his way these would be straight oatmeal raisin cookies. I rarely do raisins so I often compromise with him & add chocolate chips. I did that here with these – it’s completely optional. You can make these like a traditional oatmeal cream pie too & leave out all the mix-ins. Since I was already adding peanut butter & removing the flour I thought they might need a little extra somethin’-somethin’. You know what – I’m glad I did. That added chocolate & the crunch of the walnuts was a great pairing to go with that awesome marshmallow cream filling. I could eat that stuff by itself – all day long. Honestly – these are truly incredible! I ate way more than I should have & you know, I just refuse to feel guilty about it.
Just look at all that delicious cream filling- oh my, oh my!
Those chocolate chips & walnuts were great.
You could also use pecans & white chocolate chips. YUM!
The kids tried to tell me that if they ate them for breakfast it could be considered healthy since they were made with oatmeal & they are flourless. Where on earth did they learn this logic? Oh- right, that was me 🙂 !
Oatmeal Cream Pies
Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookies
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 - 7- ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat together sugar, butter, & peanut butter.
- Add baking soda, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, & nutmeg.
- Slowly add oats to the mixture. Once mixed, stir in chocolate chips & walnuts.
- Place spoonfuls of batter on baking sheet
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cookies begin to brown on the sides.
- Dissolve the salt in hot water - set aside
- Combine marshmallow creme, shortening, confectioners sugar & vanilla in a mixer bowl & beat well, until fluffy.
- Add the salt water & mix well.
- Spread filling on one side of a cookie and top with another cookie.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
They were worth every bite.
If you make this recipe- please leave a link or tag me on Instagram @KleinworthCo
Looking for more great peanut butter bash recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE