For an easy slow cooker dinner, as part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias®
I made this New England Dip Sandwich using Kraft Recipe Makers for my family.
As most of you know- things here have been absolutely nutty. Between having company this past week, working on product photography sets for a client & some really special family portraits for a friend, the projects I am trying to get put together for the holidays & then pumping 60-70 hours a week into the blog- I need the days to be longer. But since I can’t make that happen, I have to do what I can to make everything else around here happen quickly & efficiently. So finding things to make dinner tonight simple & easy is a top priority. The hubs works 60+ hours a week himself- so asking him to come home & cook too would be just plain mean. We reserve a lot of our time consuming meals to our days off & have found some quick family meals that work for us on the super busy days. When I was asked to try the new Kraft Recipe Makers– I was all for it. But we always like to do things differently. Even if we are using a semi-ready made meals recipe we like to make it our own. So we came up with…
We shopped for it as a family – which was nice because we rarely do the market as a group.
Look how cute the munchkin is watching the hubs pick out the meat.
For the pot roast.
Just place the meat in- top with the veggies & then the simmer sauce & seasonings.
Cook on high 6-8 hours. Add the finishing sauce at the end.
Prep your bread with butter, garlic powder & Parmesan cheese & broil. Then add your pot roast.
Don’t forget your bowl of sauce to dip in.
New England Dip Sandwich
- 2 boxes Kraft Recipe Makers - New England Pot Roast Flavor
- 1 bag small red potatoes - sliced into rounds
- 1 small bag mini carrots
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- 3 tbsp minced onions
- 2 tbsp season salt
- 1-2 tbsp minced garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 6 stadium style buns
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- Place chuck roast in the bottom of slow cooker
- Place sliced potatoes on top of meat
- add in bottle of Kraft Recipe Makers seasoning sauce
- Add minced onions, season salt, minced garlic & salt & pepper.
- Cover & cook 6-8 hours on high
- During the last 20 minutes- add contents of Kraft Recipe Makers flavor pouch - stir in.
- Continue to cook on high remaining 20 min.
- While you are waiting- pre-heat broiler to high & place your stadium buns open on baking sheet
- Melt butter in microwave 30 seconds
- Brush butter on to the insides of the stadium buns to coat
- Sprinkle on garlic powder & then Parmesan cheese
- Broil until golden & toasty. Set aside.
- Turn off slow cooker & remove lid
- Using 2 forks- start pulling the meat apart into bite sized pieces
- Using a slotted spoon- add meat & potatoes to bun
- Add mini carrots on the side
- Ladle out a little bit of the juice from the slow cooker into a small bowl for dipping your sandwich
This worked out great for me. I was able to get it prepped in just a few minutes & then it was ready by the time the hubs came home. The prep for the buns was simple & so the whole meal came together quick & easy. Very little clean up too- which always makes me happy. So nice to be able to have a hearty, hot meal- even if we are short on time.
Connect with Kraft via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KraftFoods
Don’t forget to come back & join me on Mondays for Project 52
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE