Mother’s Day is this weekend. Honestly I have been trying to avoid it as much as I possibly can. I’m not even telling my kids that it’s happening. With this being the first one since my mom passed away – I frankly have just lost my enthusiasm for it. I don’t want to think about it. But then it came up. My contributor post for SNAP! Creativity. The theme- Mother’s Day. So now what? I was forced to deal with it & get over myself. Instead of staying sad – I decided to use the moment to create a recipe that my mom & I shared ALL THE TIME together, Mocha Java Ice Cream. She loved it so much & because of that- we had it all the time. In fact, it wasn’t unusual to have it for dinner when it was just her & I all those years. Yep- I know…totally not something we should have had for a meal. But you know- I look back & think- what harm did it do? So anyhow- after many attempts at trying to get this perfect- I finally did it & now it’s time to share.
It really has the perfect blend of mocha & coffee.
For those that love coffee ice cream – this is like that- but better.
It’s really close to my mocha from Starbucks – only frozen so I can have it all summer.
Then there are the mini chocolate chips.
I love them & I think they add just enough of that little something extra I like with each bite.
My mom would be so happy that I finally perfected this recipe.
We would have been sharing some with a piece of cake this weekend. 🙂
Mocha Java Ice Cream
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup half & half
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tbsp instant espresso
- 1 tbsp Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Mix together milk, half & half and cream cheese until well-combined.
- Add in espresso, cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour into the container of ice cream maker and make according to directions.
- Midway through freezing, add in mini chocolate chips.
- Churn in ice cream maker approx 20 minutes
- Serve immediately for soft serve or transfer in an airtight container
Want More frozen treats?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]