Boy – it’s sure been a while since I have made donuts. I was on such a kick there for a while. Then the temps cooled & I was back to using the oven & the donut maker found it’s way to the back of the cabinet. I decided to pull it out & make a real spring like batch of yumminess – Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts w/ Lemon Blueberry Glaze. Oh my goodness- they have just the right ratio of lemon & blueberry flavor. Then the poppy seeds- oh how I love baking with them in the spring. I’m also sharing this donut recipe over at SNAP! today – you can grab the glaze recipe here.
I’m swooning over the bright color of the glaze.
I’m definitely putting these on the Easter breakfast menu.
I love having something quick for breakfast on holidays. I will be making these the night before so that we have a little something to grab during all the morning activities. Who wants to start their Easter morning with a bunch of dishes? I know my morning will be too full for that.
Don’t you want to just grab one?
Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts w/ Lemon Blueberry Glaze
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 sticks butter- melted & slightly cooled
- 1-1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
For the Glaze
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup Lemon Blueberry Syrup
- Preheat donut machine or preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl- combine flour, sugar & baking powder.- Whisk.
- Whisk in eggs, then milk, then butter.
- Whisk in lemon juice & poppy seeds.
- Transfer to pastry bag & pipe into donut wells or scoop in to full size donut pan.
- Cook 6 minutes for mini-donuts or 10-12 for full size in the oven.
- Remove & cool on wire rack & repeat the cooking process for remaining batter.
- Combine ingredients in small bowl - whisk well until completely combined
- *You can add a splash of water if needed to thin out.
- Dip your donuts in glaze & set on wire rack to drip.
- Once done glazing all your donuts- set in refrigerator to help firm your glaze
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want More Donut recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE