Boy – it’s sure been a while since I have made donuts. I was on such a kick there for a while. Then the temps cooled & I was back to using the oven & the donut maker found it’s way to the back of the cabinet. I decided to pull it out & make a real spring like batch of yumminess – Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts w/ Lemon Blueberry Glaze. Oh my goodness- they have just the right ratio of lemon & blueberry flavor. Then the poppy seeds- oh how I love baking with them in the spring. I’m also sharing this donut recipe over at SNAP! today – you can grab the glaze recipe here.
I’m swooning over the bright color of the glaze.
I’m definitely putting these on the Easter breakfast menu.
I love having something quick for breakfast on holidays. I will be making these the night before so that we have a little something to grab during all the morning activities. Who wants to start their Easter morning with a bunch of dishes? I know my morning will be too full for that.
Don’t you want to just grab one?
Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts w/ Lemon Blueberry Glaze
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 sticks butter- melted & slightly cooled
- 1-1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
For the Glaze
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup Lemon Blueberry Syrup
- Preheat donut machine or preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl- combine flour, sugar & baking powder.- Whisk.
- Whisk in eggs, then milk, then butter.
- Whisk in lemon juice & poppy seeds.
- Transfer to pastry bag & pipe into donut wells or scoop in to full size donut pan.
- Cook 6 minutes for mini-donuts or 10-12 for full size in the oven.
- Remove & cool on wire rack & repeat the cooking process for remaining batter.
- Combine ingredients in small bowl - whisk well until completely combined
- *You can add a splash of water if needed to thin out.
- Dip your donuts in glaze & set on wire rack to drip.
- Once done glazing all your donuts- set in refrigerator to help firm your glaze
Want More Donut recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE