Hello my friends!! I know the weather is just starting to get nice. But you know what – that’s when I really start using my crock pot. Once I turn off the heater for the season it seems I’m using my oven less & less too. So I know that you all might be past the idea of cozy comfort food. But I’m going to tell ya – soups & Easy Family Dinner Ideas in the crock pot are my “go-to” in the warmer months. Having soup is just filling enough that I don’t feel all bogged down after a heavy meal. So what’s my favorite soup lately? This Hearty Tomato Soup of course.
Tomato based soups are one of my favorites to make. It’s rich, flavorful & packed full of nutrients. I definitely crave some sort of tomato based soup when I go longer than a couple weeks between making some. It’s SO GOOD!
I really like to make a double batch so we can have leftovers for the next night. Add a little slice of Easy Garlic Toast on the side – delicious.
Hearty Tomato Soup
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 16 ounces chicken stock
- 1/2 qt half & half
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 1/4 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp stick butter
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 6 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt pepper, granulated garlic to taste
- Brown sausage in large skillet over med-high heat adding seasonings (onions, garlic, salt, pepper & granulated garlic) as you cook
- Once brown -transfer to crock pot
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken stock
- Add additional seasonings to taste.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours
- About 15 minutes before you are ready to enjoy this soup - In a stockpot cook your macaroni to package directions & drain
- Slowly add in half & half & evaporated milk to soup - stir well
- Add in Parmesan cheese & cooked macaroni
- Stir until cheese has melted & blended into the soup.
- Serve with a little more cheese on top
Want more great Easy Family Dinner Ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE