Hello my friends!! I know the weather is just starting to get nice. But you know what – that’s when I really start using my crock pot. Once I turn off the heater for the season it seems I’m using my oven less & less too. So I know that you all might be past the idea of cozy comfort food. But I’m going to tell ya – soups & Easy Family Dinner Ideas in the crock pot are my “go-to” in the warmer months. Having soup is just filling enough that I don’t feel all bogged down after a heavy meal. So what’s my favorite soup lately? This Hearty Tomato Soup of course.
Tomato based soups are one of my favorites to make. It’s rich, flavorful & packed full of nutrients. I definitely crave some sort of tomato based soup when I go longer than a couple weeks between making some. It’s SO GOOD!
I really like to make a double batch so we can have leftovers for the next night. Add a little slice of Easy Garlic Toast on the side – delicious.
Hearty Tomato Soup
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 16 ounces chicken stock
- 1/2 qt half & half
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 1/4 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp stick butter
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 6 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt pepper, granulated garlic to taste
- Brown sausage in large skillet over med-high heat adding seasonings (onions, garlic, salt, pepper & granulated garlic) as you cook
- Once brown -transfer to crock pot
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken stock
- Add additional seasonings to taste.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours
- About 15 minutes before you are ready to enjoy this soup - In a stockpot cook your macaroni to package directions & drain
- Slowly add in half & half & evaporated milk to soup - stir well
- Add in Parmesan cheese & cooked macaroni
- Stir until cheese has melted & blended into the soup.
- Serve with a little more cheese on top
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate. Please double-check with your own dietary calculator for the best accuracy. We at Taste of the Frontier cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Want more great Easy Family Dinner Ideas?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE