I’m so loving these Easy Family Dinner Ideas lately. Take what you have on hand & throw it in the pot & done. Dinner in less than an hour- cool! Now if I can get the dishes reduced- that would be fantastic. 🙂 So this recipe came about one night because the hubs asked what I planned on doing with the chicken in the fridge. I had no clue – but it was cold & rainy out so I knew I was leaning towards a soup. So I took the shredded chicken, threw it in the pot & just kept adding stuff in there. Needs to be heartier- add some potatoes. Needs a pop of color- add some peppers. Now I want it creamy…. you get the idea. Fortunately I jot things down as I cook so I know what the heck I did so I can either recreate it or I know what I want to change. Happy to say- I wouldn’t change a thing – it turned out fabulous.
Hearty Chicken Soup
I love that I could taste everything I added but not one flavor overpowered or stood out too much. Perfect!
You will definitely want to make this one.
Hearty Chicken Soup
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chicken cooked/shredded
- 2 sweet chilis - finely chopped
- 2 cups corn canned or frozen is fine
- 2 russet potatoes peeled & diced
- 1 red potato diced
- 1 can black beans 15 oz
- 1-1/3 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 2 tbsp minced onions
- salt, pepper & granulated garlic to taste
- Add water, broth & chicken to large stock pot & heat on high
- Add in seasonings & bring to a boil while you are dicing & chopping your potatoes & chilis
- Add in potatoes, chilis, corn & beans.
- Continue to boil until your potatoes are fork tender. Est 20-30 min. Remove from heat
- Add cheese - stirring to combine well. Should melt throughout with no clumps
- Slowly add sour cream - tablespoonfuls at a time. Stir well until no lumps remain.
- Finally, add in your instant potato flakes to thicken your soup & make it extra creamy. Stir well - serve.
Want More Soup?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE